Recommend 30 minute DVD please?

Options
I've decided I need to get some happy endorphins going in the morning before I start my day aside from my long work out after work...figure it will help not only my body, but my mood as well.

Which videos do you guys like?? I've never been one for DVD's at home, but am looking for ones I can do in the morning (5:15ish am) that can be done by a half asleep woman!

I'm looking for 1/2 hour long work outs.

Thanks

Replies

• Pip_K_W
    Pip_K_W Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 day shred! It's awesome and even when you don't feel like doing it you always feel great for doing it after!

She has loads of other DVD's too, not sure how long they are though :0)
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred Dvd is only 27 minutes, 3 Levels. I just finished yesterday and am starting Level 1 again today. I love that is short but you will get a great workout in.
  • mbrownks77
    Options
    I LOVE the Leslie Sansone walking videos! The 3 mile takes 45 minutes and burns 375 cals. Great way to get your blood flowing. :flowerforyou:
  • aehenson
    Options
    The 30 shred. Did mine at 5:00 this morning.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Shred is good and there are some shorter Turbo Jam videos that I really like cause the music is great!
  • lynzt16
    Options
    I have 3 of jillian michaels.
    -30 day shred
    -Shred it with weights
    -6 week six pack

Now i dont treat any of them as a true "30 day shred"-- i alternate between them day to day to get different types of workouts.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    the two hardest ones i have found are 30 day shred by j.m. also davina's dvd's they are all pretty good and 20 mins long give or take..
  • leasah
    leasah Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    The 30 Day Shred is the fire! I can get it done before my kids and husband get up and still have time to get ready for work and get the kids off to school.
  • Hsanders3961
    Hsanders3961 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    JM 30 day shred. If you only have 30 minutes to work out, she will get you back in shape!
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the 30 day shred too :)
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone walk at home 2 mile
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Try The Firm videos. They are my favorite. I haven't tried many of the newer ones, but my all-time favs include some of their step videos - either the body sculpting system or the transfirmer series. For something with more focus on strength than cardio (similar style as Jillian's stuff except longer - which I like), try their 500 calorie workout (they have others - this is just the only one I've tried so far since I'm just starting to focus more on strength).

I HIGHLY recommend www.collagevideo.com. It's a fabulous site for workout videos. There are TONS of reviews and you can watch a clip of it before you buy. And they have free shipping when you order over 25.00! If you order from them, don't be tempted to pay for faster shipping - I always get mine pretty quickly!
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I also like 30 Day Shred:) I also do Jackie Warner Power Express, 30 minutes with weights and cardio together. I think it's tougher than 30DS. I also like the 10 minute Solution DVD's - they all have 5 10-minute routines and you can mix and match. Do you have On Demand on your cable - they have a lot of workouts that are around 30 minutes.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Cool thanks everyone!!

I'd really like a strength training video more than heavy cardio since its first thing in the morning and I go to the gym for about an hour after work.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I am also a 30-shed person. I have been at it for 3 or 4 weeks. I alternate between level 1 and 2 for a variety. It is quick but intense.

4714135.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • angelarose12
    Options
    I am another person recommending 30-day Shred and also if you have DirecTV or Comcast there are usually some great workouts On Demand. Most are only 20-30 minutes. Just an idea.
  • chwhalon
    Options
    I found a bunch of 30 min DVD at the dollar tree store...and it was only $1.00 so if it suck no big loss...but it was cheap and got me up and moving!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I am another person recommending 30-day Shred and also if you have DirecTV or Comcast there are usually some great workouts On Demand. Most are only 20-30 minutes. Just an idea.

COOL! Thanks, I will go home tonight and see what I can find.
  • vgbbrown
    Options
    I really like the Leslie Sansone walking videos. If you haven't tried them, it is more like an aerobic exercise than walking. She is very easy to follow and she doesn't yell at you.
    If you have access to "On Demand" through your cable company, her videos are on there under the Exercise TV section.
    There are a lot of different videos there that you can try for free.