Protein & Coffee

Wendi_S
Wendi_S Posts: 489 Member
edited September 23 in Food and Nutrition
Crazy question- anyone ever mix protein drinks (muscle milk and such) in with their coffee? Or maybe the powdered protein w/ coffee?

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    One of my MFP pals does this with cinnamon whey and says it's delicious.
  • currlygirrl
    currlygirrl Posts: 82 Member
    I do! I use the GNC total lean protein with the starbucks powdered coffee. It is very good hot but even better blended with ice. I'll take one scoop of vanilla and one of the chocolate then 1 cup of water and the coffee powder add ice then throw it into my magic bullet to blend.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    I've been thinking about doing this. I have one of the Mr. Coffee Cafe Frappe Blenders where it brews the coffee right into the blender and blends it all together in one step. I bet it'd be pretty good if I were to add my protein powder and milk to it instead of just the coffee, milk, and sweeteners.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Also, I add a shot of espresso in my Myoplex sometimes and it comes out super delicious. Kind of like a power mocha.
  • Wendi_S
    Wendi_S Posts: 489 Member
    Also, I add a shot of espresso in my Myoplex sometimes and it comes out super delicious. Kind of like a power mocha.

That sounds YUMMY!! May have to try that today!!
  • aeragusa
    aeragusa Posts: 40 Member
    Wow, this is actually a fantastic idea! Definitely going to give this one a shot. Thanks!
  • Wow I didn't even think about this, great idea! :)
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Yes, I do on a regular basis when I use a shake. Especially before a workout. Before the shake days I always had a cup of coffee or two before a lift. The coffee takes some of the edge off the poorer tasting ones.
  • bump
This discussion has been closed.