sweets

Options
So, I've had a post similar to this. I have a horrible sweet addiction. I have a friend who offered to help. I'm goint to send her everything I eat for the day.
Any other suggestions?

Replies

• areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    So, I've had a post similar to this. I have a horrible sweet addiction. I have a friend who offered to help. I'm goint to send her everything I eat for the day.
    Any other suggestions?
  • Sunibc22
    Options
    I have a big sweet tooth myself. I bought some Werthers Original candies that are no sugar added...15 cals for 2 and some Weight Watcher coconut chocolate things...30 cals for 1. I find both taste awesome and help when I need that sweet taste!
  • princessjenn1804
    princessjenn1804 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I eat a york peppermint patty mini, they give you a little bit of chocolate, some sweetness, and they are pretty minty so you dont want any more after that lol:laugh:
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I like the cadbury 100 calorie chocolate thins -- with almonds! It's a chocolate bar, but veeeeeery thin and the portion is just enough to take care of my craving.
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I take a Ghirardelli dark chocolate (60% cacao) square and break it into tiny pieces (about 12 to 15 from the 1 little square). Then I let each tiny piece melt in my mouth slowly. Usually before I'm halfway done, my sweet tooth/chocolate craving is satisfied. If I eat them quickly, I find that I eat all of them and want more ... the secret is to let one little chunk melt in your mouth and then wait a few minutes, then take another one.

Works for me ... unless I'm being rebellious. :noway:
  • madmisskelly
    Options
    I find I crave sweets after dinner or in the middle of the day.

To tackle middle of the day sweet attacks-
    Low cal fruit smoothies- try odwalla
    there is a 100 calorie chocolat ebar that hersheys makes
    Ghiradelli chocolate squares
    one or two kisses

Dessert
    Skinny Cow
    Low cal creamcicles
    any low cal/fat popsicle

orrrrrr
    Watch YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT. I Guarantee you that it will curb your appetite. It makes even the tastiest things look gross.

Good luck you ya!!
  • pecksun8
    Options
    dum dum pops, the small ones are 3 for 59 calories and they have a lot of different flavors.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I have not a lot to offer, I love sweets, but different kinds and if I have my fav few, I can't stop, so I just stopped buying them for a while until I get control....

uuummmmmm

oreo's
    reeses
    sugar free mint chocolate chip ice cream
    little debbies cakes.....

nope, no more in the house for me and hubby and kid keep theirs in their room. locked up!!!!!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    dum dum pops, the small ones are 3 for 59 calories and they have a lot of different flavors.

I work at a credit union and we go through at least a whole giant bag of these every week. According to my coworkers, I make the prettiest "Dum Dum trees" for the kids to take their pops from, so I always get selected to fill them up...I would be okay if I never saw a Dum Dum again lol...

On another note, I love the Jello Sugar Free Puddings. They have lots of flavors and for 60 calories you can have a cool and creamy sweet snack!
  • chelsey787
    Options
    i know it's really upsetting, but i find i do best when i just give sweets up all together :GASP!: i think i cried a little the first few days (joke of course) but i promise the cravings will subside. You'll learn to appreciate sweets when you do get a treat (i allow myself about one sweet a week.... it's a rough life girl! haha)

although, that may not be the way for you. start off by one sweet a day.... and make it count!!!!! let's say if you're going to eat some ice cream... get the low fat or fat free frozen yogurt and add lots of strawberries and fat free coolwhip to it. YUM-O!!! that will add some builk to your treat so you will think you're eating mroe than you actually are
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I take a Ghirardelli dark chocolate (60% cacao) square and break it into tiny pieces (about 12 to 15 from the 1 little square). Then I let each tiny piece melt in my mouth slowly. Usually before I'm halfway done, my sweet tooth/chocolate craving is satisfied. If I eat them quickly, I find that I eat all of them and want more ... the secret is to let one little chunk melt in your mouth and then wait a few minutes, then take another one.

Works for me ... unless I'm being rebellious. :noway:

This is totally what I do with my 100 calorie chocolate bar! I break it into pieces and really take my time and savour each and every piece, letting it melt in my mouth. I am the same way -- if I rush through my sweets, I find I want more. If I take my time and enjoy it, my sweet tooth craving has been satisfied by the time I finish :)
  • alyfin
    alyfin Posts: 103
    Options
    LOTS OF FRUIT!
    Seriously. I try to eat a piece of fruit, or cup of berries/slices every hour or two. On days that I forget about eating fruit over half my calories come from sweets - so I know about that addiction problem. I have tried many solutions and the one that works best is eating plenty of fruit. When I do sweets don't even cross my mind.
    Good luck!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, eating a dill pickle makes a sweet craving go away. Honestly it's the last thing you want when you're craving sweets, but give it a try.
  • areay
    Options
    I'm taking your advice! I think it's the best for me too! ha ha
  • areay
    Options
    thanks for all of the tips! you guys are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • abillings9
    Options
    These are great tips! I have a terrible sweet tooth, so thanks everyone!
  • pecksun8
    Options

I work at a credit union and we go through at least a whole giant bag of these every week. According to my coworkers, I make the prettiest "Dum Dum trees" for the kids to take their pops from, so I always get selected to fill them up...I would be okay if I never saw a Dum Dum again lol...

On another note, I love the Jello Sugar Free Puddings. They have lots of flavors and for 60 calories you can have a cool and creamy sweet snack!

I am pretty sure I will get sick of them too, but for now they work. Then I will just find the next low cal goodie! :wink:
  • smsmithart
    smsmithart Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    im going to give up cookies
    and try pickles
  • drgall
    Options
    I eat the WHOLE BOX of Jello sugar free, fat free pudding..:happy: It's only 100 calories! But you guys are right, giving in to sugar is not good so I'm going to try to wean myself off sweets a little at a time. If you see me curled up in the corner whimpering you'll know why. :sad:

Denise

weight.png
  • Mely
    Mely Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Big fat dates are very sweet - almost like candy. You may need to get them in a health food store as most supermarkets sell those really dried out and gritty dates.