Anyone know of a good Strapless HRM?

MrsSommer
MrsSommer Posts: 36
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I have been checking reviews on heart rate monitors on Amazon, but im still unsure...so i figured id ask you guys! :o) I want a strapless one that will not be huge on my medium side wrist that counts calories. Any suggestions? OH and not cost a million dollars.

Replies

• I have a Polar F6 HRM. It's a watch and chest strap. Extremely accurate and cost me about $90 from Amazon. However, you may be able to find one cheaper from ebay. Whatever you choose, choose one with a chest strap.
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Body media. Costco sells it. They make the boddy bugg as seen on biggest loser. I love mine and its invaluable. It tracks total calories burned for the day.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    If you mean strapless as in no chest strap you won't find an accurate one.
  • I have the Polar F6 as well, and love it! After a lot of research, I found that the strapless monitors were not accurate enough. I've never been bothered by the chest strap (in fact, I've never felt it during a workout/run) and found that the watch (the F6 is a girl's version) is big enough to see clearly while running, yet not too bulky. Bought mine at rei.com for approximately $99 and would buy it again. Polar built the HRM industry, and they prove their worth with their products. Good luck!
  • sarahtiano
    sarahtiano Posts: 78 Member
    I really suggest using one with a strap. My first one was strapless, and it was SO inaccurate. It was a joke. I returned it ASAP and got the Poalr Ft7 and LOVE it. It's around $100 retail, but you can find it on discount sites of eBay for less. Totally recommend it!
This discussion has been closed.