WHATS A GOOD CALORIE COUNTING WATCH FOR WORKING OUT??

Options
I HEAR THAT THESE MACHINE ARE NOT ACCURATE AND I WANNA BE....SO DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A GOOD WATCH THAT IS NOT TOO EXPENSIVE????

Replies

• crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    lol what's with the caps

most people will report polar brand. more accurate with a chest strap. it depends what else you're looking for in the watch
  • katf42
    katf42 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    LOL I just posted a similar question in asking how accurate calorie counting watches are!! I have a Sportline seems like it's good but not sure about how accurate this kind of thing is. Looking forward to reading your replies.
    Kim
  • sweetsexy43
    sweetsexy43 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi..i usually check consumer reports..I was watching the news the other day and there was a timex w/chest strap for less than $60..Also, if you go to Sports Authority..they have some inexpensive ones. Good Luck~
  • marysimmons
    marysimmons Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    HAHA I ALWAYS WRITE IN CAPS LIKE TO GET MY POINT ACROSS.......LOL!

WELL I AM LOOKING FOR A WATCH THAT WILL CALCULATE MY CALORIES BUT I DONT THINK I WANT THE HIP ONE JUST CAUSE I AM AFRAID THAT ITS NOT ACCURATE. I CAN DO THE ARC TRAINER FOR AN HOUR AND BURN 1000 CALORIES AND I FEEL LIKE ITS NOT RIGHT. TAKE IT I AM DOING IT AT LEVEL 10 THE HIGHEST YOU CAN DO IT AT BUT CAN IT REALLY BE ACCURATE??
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    in my opinion, you want one that comes with a chest strap as well. Its the most accurate.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    LOL I just posted a similar question in asking how accurate calorie counting watches are!! I have a Sportline seems like it's good but not sure about how accurate this kind of thing is. Looking forward to reading your replies.
    Kim

until the polar i just ordered i've been using this sportline one i got from walmart. i'm soo returning it. it just turns off in th middle of anything. so annoying
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I like the Polar with the chest strap. I got mine at Best Buy for about $90.00
  • katf42
    katf42 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Oh, wow. I haven't had that problem yet. I bought it at Sports Authority...so far not turning off but I just think over 1,000 calories is way to high. I could see 500-600 in an hour for both workouts. I will love to hear how your new one works out for you.