Discouraged when not seeing immediate results

Options
Hi,
I have been on this site for 10 days now. I really like it. I really enjoy being accountable for how much I am taking in and cals I burn. I just have a tendency of wanting to loose like 40lbs a week. I have been off and on a strict sched for several months and have not really seen significance at the scale. I am just hoping that is because I am gaining muscle... hard to say. I do notice my clothes a bit looser but still I figure I would be seeing better results by now. But hopefully I am just needing an extra push and this was the thing to do so maybe in 2 wks I will see significant results.

Replies

• GlutenFreeWench
    Options
    You need to remind yourself...you didn't gain the weight overnight, you're not going to lose it overnight either.

I'm assuming this isn't your first weight loss rodeo?

If so, you know that if you lose it fast, if you see dramatic results...it doesn't stay off. The minute you try to go back to something that can be a lifestyle- you gain it back.

You know you have to make changes slowly in order to teach yourself a new way of living- a new lifestyle change- a new permanent way of eating.

That's the only way you can do it.

This is a marathon, sprinters always end up back at the starting gate

Remind yourself.

It might be more than 2 weeks before you see results, but one day, if you stick with it, you'll see yourself in the mirror and say WOW, I did this!
  • CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Measure yourself so you can see the changes that the scale won't reflect. Take pictures etc.
    Also, it didn't take a week for you to gain the weight - it won't take a week for you to lose it, Rome wasn't built in a day! Keep it up, you will get there!
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Exactly what the others said. This didn't happen over night! I didn't see results till 3 - 4 weeks in. Don't hone it in now, just keep going and it will happen.
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Try and only weigh yourself once a week too if you can. Your weight can fluctuate wildly due to water weight etc and can be discouraging if you weigh in every day. Once a week makes it far easier to see the general trend.
  • AngelUK1985
    AngelUK1985 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    it takes awhile to lose weight ive been on this site 16 days now and only lost 3lb and i see my friends who have lost 9lb etc in the same time but everyones different and the more slowly you lose the weight the more likely you are to keep it off (last year i lost half a stone on my own and kept it off) so it works also muscle weighs more then fat so just beause your scales arnt going down that quick doesnt mean your bodys not changing
  • femouse
    femouse Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone else also. For me once I take the focus of the losing weight and focus instead on a healthy active lifestyle, it is less frustrating and the weight comes off. You can always push yourself, the more in shape you are the harder you can push, but be encouraged that you are doing something good for your body and soul.