Do my height and weight correlate?

Options
Hi everyone! I just had a question for everybody...I'm 5'5 and I approximately weight 147. Is this too much for my height??

I would appreciate feedback ;) thanks!

Replies

• paigeily2010
    Options
    well your bmi is 24.46.
    which i calculated you bmi and it is normal. so its good
    :)
  • karen4777
    Options
    Sounds good to me. :smooched:
  • clpstrider
    Options
    Well you can look at the BMI tool on this site, but I think your body fat percentage is more important than your weight. You can be at your "ideal" weight and still be over fat, or you can be over your "ideal" weight and have low body fat and high muscle tone. Remember weight isn't everything :-)
  • wwh140
    wwh140 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'5 and if I weighed 147 I'd be ecstatic, so I'd say you're good! :happy:
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I am the same hight and i weigh 152 right now. My ideal weight is to be at 130. The weight you have is a good BMI but at the upper side of the scale. If you gain any more you will be in the over weight part. That is why I am trying to lose the weight I have put on in the last couple of years. SO as long as you are happy with the weight and you don't gain any more than you are FINE> But like I said be careful not to gain any more as this will put you in the over weight catagory. I did say over weight not obese. I am not sure what weight you have to be at this height to be considered obese. YOu can goodle it and find out for sure on that one. Very good question. I only know mine because I took a nutritional class last semester and we talked about it.
  • BettyG
    BettyG Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A BMI anywhere between 19 and 25 is considered in the 'healthy' zone. So your BMI of 24.5 is good.
  • allie_00
    Options
    BMI is the better thing to go by. It all depends on your bone structure and body type, also. But I wouldn't get too hung up on any of this. About a year ago I was the same weight as I am now but was more dense muscle wise. Think in terms of muscle tone, not necessarily pounds.
  • rockyface1
    Options
    Thank you everybody! I'll just keep eating healthy and exercising rather than worrying about "the number." =)