Lost my mind.....and gained back weight!

Options
The past two weeks I have been binging like I will never see food again! I gained 10 pounds and I am so angry with myself. I stopped working out, I ate pizza, I have been eating late at night, pretty much breaking every rule! I am back on track today and I know it is a new day, but I am so aggravated and upset I just want to say oh well and quit this thing.

Sorry needed to vent!

Replies

• emtchip
    Options
    The past two weeks I have been binging like I will never see food again! I gained 10 pounds and I am so angry with myself. I stopped working out, I ate pizza, I have been eating late at night, pretty much breaking every rule! I am back on track today and I know it is a new day, but I am so aggravated and upset I just want to say oh well and quit this thing.

Sorry needed to vent!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Don't you dare give up mister.:angry: You pick yourself back up, dust yourself off, and get back in the game with us. You had two weeks off....time to get serious again. Ok?:flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Read my motivation post! Get back at it! Don't give up!!!!!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Well...that is all said and done. It's the PAST....focus on the present and future.

Make sure not to deprive yourself of everything. That will only lead to you quitting. If you want pizza, allow yourself to enjoy a couple of slices. Then get back on track. It isn't ONE meal that makes you gain weight....as you well saw from the results of the last 2 weeks! :wink:

Don't quit! You can get there! Just keep going. You are worth feeling great about yourself!

Good luck!!!! :flowerforyou:
    -Tami
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I agree with Tam, moderation in all things....even pizza (and I do love myself some pizza)! I am trying to eat better and keep my eyes the right size for my stomach but I still "treat" myself now and then with something I love, in moderation.

Don't sweat the past, it's done, time to move forward.
    Beating yourself will only cause more damage.
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    i know the feeling quite well!

Working on it, though. It's good to check in with others, get that support when we need it.
  • stacystar
    stacystar Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Venting . . . good. Leaving . . . not good.
  • kenkraft
    kenkraft Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Ok, so you're pissed. Good, you should be. Stay that way, keep that inner fire stoked. Every time you think about slacking think about how mad you are!! The only way to advance real change (I sound like I'm running for office, haha!!) is for it to be something you want MORE THAN ANYTHING! You have to be passionate about your goal or it won't be your goal for long. So go ahead - get upset, throw stuff (like weights around the gym), and decide once and for all that you're gonna quit screwing with this journey of yours and start charging up that hill. Just the mere fact that you are back here confessing and willing to get back on track tells me that this is something you really want. Convince yourself...

Ken
  • princessjenn1804
    princessjenn1804 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I did this last week, and I even slipped a little this weekend, but the point is that we have decided to make a lifestyle change and lets face it, you cant change your life over night. So, you ate, you binged, you had some pizza ( I had waffle house), and it was awesome. Now we keep working at our goal, get right back up and dust ourselves off and keep watching our calories.
  • emtchip
    Options
    Thanks for the push and straight talk! It is needed now and then...obviously
  • emtchip
    Options
    Thanks for the push and straight talk! It is needed now and then...obviously
  • alimassa
    Options
    I have found if I pull people along with me I dont fall off the wagon so often....find a work buddy and make them be accountable with you.. You can start the conversation with...hey you look like you could loose a couple..:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DONT GIVE UP!! MFP would be a dark place with one less member...we need EMTCHIP....

YOU CAN DOOOOO IT!

:drinker: :drinker:

Ali
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    The first step is knowing you need to get back on track! YOU CAN DO IT!!!! Don't deprive of everything, just in moderation. Think of how great you will feel when you are back on the health wagon!