40 lbs down!

Options
Okay, so here is my story thus far...

In 2007, I was doing pretty good at keeping myself fairly in shape. I was in track in High School and played the super fun game DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) on a daily basis with my good friends. I'm not sure what I weighed at the time. I'm guessing around 155 lbs, which is an average weight for my height.

2007.jpg
100_0408-1.jpg

Those pictures were around April of 2007. This is the last picture of me before the weight started piling on right after Christmas of 2008. (I'm in the black and yellow t-shirt)

fat20093.jpg

Depression hit for various reasons around 2008, leading into 2009, and I packed on nearly 40 lbs. I snowballed into an unhealthy lifestyle of over-eating and drinking while living a very sedentary life.

May of 2009:
fat2009.jpg
fat20092.jpg

And finally, the picture that made me realize just how bad it had gotten....
Christmas of 2009 at 189 lbs:
lastyearfat.jpg

I thought my depression before my weight gain was bad? Those Christmas pictures were a huge blow to myself. I had let myself spiral out of control without a care in the world. What had I done to my once healthy body? It was time for a change. Time to stop drinking. Time to stop playing computer games all day to escape reality. Time to stop binge eating every single day. It was time to change my life. And I did.

With the encouragement of friends, family, and my amazing boyfriend, I made it happen. I lost 40 lbs over the course of a year filled with literal blood, sweat, and tears. It wasn't easy as all of you know. Weight loss isn't something that magically happens overnight. It took a year of forcing my feet to the pavement, eating healthy, and drinking more water than I ever thought was possible. :)

Here is me today at 145 lbs.

Thinnerin2010.jpg

I have never felt better! My ultimate goal is to reach 125 lbs, but my goal for now is to hit 135 lbs by the beginning of March :) With the help of the MFP community, I know this goal is 300% attainable! :)

2011...Here's to a year of great health!

Replies

• meg811
    meg811 Posts: 49
    Options
    Okay, so here is my story thus far...

In 2007, I was doing pretty good at keeping myself fairly in shape. I was in track in High School and played the super fun game DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) on a daily basis with my good friends. I'm not sure what I weighed at the time. I'm guessing around 155 lbs, which is an average weight for my height.

2007.jpg
    100_0408-1.jpg

Those pictures were around April of 2007. This is the last picture of me before the weight started piling on right after Christmas of 2008. (I'm in the black and yellow t-shirt)

fat20093.jpg

Depression hit for various reasons around 2008, leading into 2009, and I packed on nearly 40 lbs. I snowballed into an unhealthy lifestyle of over-eating and drinking while living a very sedentary life.

May of 2009:
    fat2009.jpg
    fat20092.jpg

And finally, the picture that made me realize just how bad it had gotten....
    Christmas of 2009 at 189 lbs:
    lastyearfat.jpg

I thought my depression before my weight gain was bad? Those Christmas pictures were a huge blow to myself. I had let myself spiral out of control without a care in the world. What had I done to my once healthy body? It was time for a change. Time to stop drinking. Time to stop playing computer games all day to escape reality. Time to stop binge eating every single day. It was time to change my life. And I did.

With the encouragement of friends, family, and my amazing boyfriend, I made it happen. I lost 40 lbs over the course of a year filled with literal blood, sweat, and tears. It wasn't easy as all of you know. Weight loss isn't something that magically happens overnight. It took a year of forcing my feet to the pavement, eating healthy, and drinking more water than I ever thought was possible. :)

Here is me today at 145 lbs.

Thinnerin2010.jpg

I have never felt better! My ultimate goal is to reach 125 lbs, but my goal for now is to hit 135 lbs by the beginning of March :) With the help of the MFP community, I know this goal is 300% attainable! :)

2011...Here's to a year of great health!
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options

2007.jpg
    100_0408-1.jpg
    fat20093.jpg
    fat2009.jpg
    fat20092.jpg
    lastyearfat.jpg
    Thinnerin2010.jpg

• GufoBianca
    Options
    I was just wondering how to fix that...Thanks meg! :)
  • MRudman
    MRudman Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You look so good, and are such an inspiration....making me reach for my water bottle. You should be so proud of yourself!! :drinker:
  • KimKoz
    KimKoz Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You look great !!! Keep up the good work and thanks for posting. Helps motivate others.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    WTG!!!! You look great!
  • GufoBianca
    Options
    Thanks all! :-) While the picture of me lifting my sister is the worst picture of myself I have..it's also quite comical with the dog and my little brother throwing a pout :-P
  • vayax
    vayax Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!!!! I love how pictures make you realize things the mirrow doesn't! keep up the good work...you'll be at you GW in no time!!!
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Great job. Very inspiring.
  • etron
    etron Posts: 33
    Options
    Amazing results! You should be very proud of yourself. Thanks for posting the pics. It helps to see how drastic of a change 40 lbs can make... helps me to look forward to those results :).
  • ShunkyDave
    ShunkyDave Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Yeah, gaining is easy, losing and maintaining is tough. Or so I understand. Haven't made it where I want to be yet. Thank you for sharing. It's a good reminder of what we can look forward to after working hard like you have.
  • GufoBianca
    Options
    Gaining is definitely so much easier than losing! If only it were that easy, right? Haha. I was amazed at how 40 lbs changed me as well! Everyone here is an inspiration to me and I look forward to getting to know you all! :)
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I am so happy that you wrote that it took you almost a year to drop the 40 pounds. I have been on my journey since the beginning of January and have only lost 5 pounds. I read other peoples weight loss testimonies and they lose 40 pounds in three months and I think holy smokes, what is wrong with me, what am I not doing right? I track, I exercise daily, I drink water until I feel like it is going to pour out of every pore, yet it is just a slow pace for me for some reason.

Good to finally read about someone who lost it slow and steady. I feel encouraged by your story. Thanks for sharing it.

AND>>>>>>>

You look positively radiant and healthy. Congratulations on your weight loss, I hope to be posting my B&A's in a year too.
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your struggles and your success :) Weight loss success stories always have struggles within in them and it was so brave and honest for you to share yours :) Beautiful story and congratulations on your weight loss! You look beautiful, be proud :heart:
  • feedmybongos
    Options
    Good for you—that's such an impressive effort!
  • courtrptr13
    Options
    Wow, congrats on your progress! You look awesome! Your pics are very motivational to me because I started at about the same weight and want to get to around 145, so seeing is believing! Keep up the great work and thanks for the inspiration!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I am so happy that you wrote that it took you almost a year to drop the 40 pounds. I have been on my journey since the beginning of January and have only lost 5 pounds. I read other peoples weight loss testimonies and they lose 40 pounds in three months and I think holy smokes, what is wrong with me, what am I not doing right? I track, I exercise daily, I drink water until I feel like it is going to pour out of every pore, yet it is just a slow pace for me for some reason.

Good to finally read about someone who lost it slow and steady. I feel encouraged by your story. Thanks for sharing it.
    I so agree with this...it took me the whole of 2010 to lose 17 lbs....I swore something was wrong with me since its taking so long to get into gear

This story is truly an inspiration.... I have 37 more to go and well keep this story in mind whenever i feel to give up...
  • GufoBianca
    Options
    sgreene87, thank you so much for the kind words :) Not everyone is blessed with a fairly decent metabolism or genes :) For some, it will just melt off, (Don't get me wrong, they bust their butts, too! It just simply comes off faster) but for others like us, our bodies just like to hold on to some extra "jiggly" as I call it :-P Just keep working at it, and it will come off...I promise! :) I have all the faith in the world that you, too, will succeed :)
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    great job! what did u do for exercise?
  • GufoBianca
    Options
    My favorite cardio exercise is to run, so I mostly did that :-) But I also made sure that I mixed it up so as to not have my body see repetition of the same exercise. I included ellipticals, some Zumba ( :-D ) and a game I really love to play called Dance Dance Revolution! Outside of cardio, I did resistance training, pushups, situps, pullups to build and maintain lean muscle.

I also made sure that if something was within walking distance, I would walk instead of drive :-) Small little changes made gigantic differences!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!