yup it's that time again- My daily rant

Options
Wendi_S
Wendi_S Posts: 489 Member
Vent vent vent vent!!!!!!!

Just because I'm logged into Facebook or Yahoo it does not mean I want to chat. If you have something important to tell me- send it in an email and if I'm not busy I'll IM you. Period! I am so tired of being in the middle of something and having a chat window pop up. Ugh!

And while I'm at it- Christmas is over- take the damn decorations down! If you've been unable to take them down (DUE TO THE WEATHER) please STOP turning them on at night!!!

Thanks for reading!!

Replies

• calvarado
    Options
    lol- just go and stay off line on facebook!
  • cupcake18
    Options
    lol that is funny i have a neighbor that still has the lights up too, and I have to agree with you shut them off.:huh:
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I can't stand chat windows popping up either. You can install a better IM client, like Pidgin, where you can configure it to never pop open a window unless you click on the notification icon. Don't know what to say about the Facebook chat, other than life got much better the day I turned off Facebook chat :smile:
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    i only show 'online' to my boyfriend.
    and when i used to use yahoo IM or whatever, i'd just go invisible.

invisible always on gmail, too.

i...um...still have my lights up.
    Rj might help me take them down in a few weeks if we're not busy doing um...something else :bigsmile:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I am guilty of doing that chat thing.embarrassed.gif
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I was going to say the same thing - just set yourself to be shown as logged off. You can't see who's on line on FB that way but you can on Yahoo. :)
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Aren't you the same Wendi who was *****ing earlier that there was nobody online to play with? :wink:
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    This is why I hide offline. IM Chats drive me nuts.
  • deandp371
    Options
    I have "Winter Lights" on my house that we keep going till March, at least! Gotta do something to fight these long nights!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    ...Magical X button is there for a reason. If you're so busy maybe not be on Facebook?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I stay offline all the time, too. I hate chatting. Not too big on texting, either. Or talking on the phone unless there's useful information to be shared.

I'm a hermit. There. I said it.
  • Wendi_S
    Wendi_S Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Aren't you the same Wendi who was *****ing earlier that there was nobody online to play with? :wink:

LMAO that was on XBOXLIVE
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Remember only you can prevent forest fires.... sames goes for chats... only you can prevent chats. Just turn them off, log out, step away from the computer, run, unfriend everyone or maybe set your status to busy/away???
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Just turn the damn thing off if you don't want to be bothered!!!!!!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I'm just never "online" to chat, even when I have Facebook open. I don't like chatting like that anymore. Takes too much time. I'd rather just email, or call on the phone.

I was going to post a rant, but now I forgot what it was. So I guess it wasn't as rant-worthy as I thought. :laugh:
  • Fat2FitArmyWifey
    Options
    I agree. If you are super busy or don't want to be bother set your status as busy/away or appear offline. Better yet sign off all together. Problem solved. :)
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    ....you know that you can pick the option on the facebook chat to appear offline? That way no one tries to chat..