THIS REALLY WORKS!!

Options
:smile:

I just wanted to say that MFP is the BEST! I am so thankful I found this. I have only been involved with the program for a month, and I am down 14 lbs. (I had lost about 3 lbs on my own before joining). I am excited to weigh in, and I so appreciate the support and accountability I have found here. We can do this!!

I am wondering what benefits you all have noticed since joining - besides better fitting clothes! That's a given. Please respond.

Thanks!

Replies

• outersoul
    Options
    I have a lot more energy. I'm waaaay more productive too.
  • mlloos
    mlloos Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I like being able to see what minerals and vitamins I am getting. It helps me adjust my food choices to get more of the things I am deficient on. I love it!
  • Katcatters
    Katcatters Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    It helps me keep motivated when I get spport from other members, and find myself listening to my own advice and encouragement when supporting others, its just great... a fantastic idea! Love it!
  • amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I agree with the energy. I've also found that I want to drink a lot of water and I actually really WANT to work out. I sit at work thinking, if I was home right now I could be working up a sweat. I love this place too... it's so great!!
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree with you more- I love MFP and the changes I have made in my life!!
    I have more energy, more enthusiasm, positivity. Greater awareness of my nutritional needs. The support here is phenomenal!!

Congrats on your loss!! :)
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I have a lot more energy, I smile at my progress, I look at food so differently now..I just love the new me.
  • Charli666
    Options
    for me its really helping to have something else do all the counting so i dont have to in terms of calories and things, and its making me realise the rubbish thats in things!
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    i have #1, clearer skin because the "glasses of water" counter has me drinking like 10x more water than ever! and plus i eat way more veggies! #2, i have way more energy from working out, #3 i have soooo much more motivation - not only from the people who help, but just seeing that if i don't work out, i can go over in calories, so i have motive to hit the gym! #4 the knowledge of what i am putting in my body has to be one of the best things, because before MFP i thought i was doing great just because i ate a salad, but now, i know that the salad has 700 calories with the cheese, and dressing, etc. so i am way more careful. i seriously love this website. it has saved me, and really gave me the push i needed to change my bad habits :)
  • seczneyd
    Options
    My favorite benefit is knowing what is going into my body.... vitamins, nutrients, etc... without trying to calculate it all myself. Just knowing that I am not over doing the food and seeing what a little exercise means. :)
  • prencesskl
    Options
    Definitely more energy, but I also noticed that I am watching labels to see what in things, I even started making my son fresh food instead of canned baby stuff because it's healthier
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    It has really helped me to think of my daily caloric intake as a type of currency. In the same way that I would weigh the cost of something against the amount of money I have available, I weigh the calories of a particular food against the number of calories I can consume that day and decide whether it's worth it to "spend" those calories.

For example, there's a HUGE birthday cake in the breakroom at my job right now. It's been there since yesterday. And it's white cake. I freaking LOVE white cake. And before, even when I was *sort of* watching what I ate, I would have had a piece. Maybe two. But now that MFP has provided me with a very specific, focused, and VISUAL tool for understanding my daily caloric intake, I haven't even CONSIDERED having a piece. I could have a fairly satisfying meal for the 300-400 calories in that piece of cake, so it's just not worth it.

I love this site!
  • beachbum8
    beachbum8 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I love MFP!! Really makes you think about what your eating. Making better choices for myself and its making me feel better about myself! I love how this works. I've joined the gym for the first time ever and I thought i was going to hate it, but I really like it! So much more motivation and energy!
  • LittleBuddy13
    LittleBuddy13 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have gained patience from this site, seeing that everyone is taking it day by day and doing it the healthy way, I started at first wanting to lose 30lbs in a month every month lol, and realized thats just not how it is to be healthy and to make this a life change. Listening to everyones sucess stories and everyones different time lines makes you realise everyone is different and loses at a different pase but no matter what to stay on it and not give up. Everyone on here is very positive and show patience and dedication which play a big part in losing weight or getting toned...Keep up the great work
  • GufoBianca
    Options
    I have troubles motivating myself everyday, so when I found this site, I got very excited. It has helped me in so many more ways than just losing weight! It has boosted my confidence as well!
  • ChristieDF
    ChristieDF Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    For me it has helped sooo much with my self esteem. I have been actually wanting to workout and eat less. My aunt bought cinnamon rolls to work yesterday morning and I said no that has tooo many calories in it. I don't think I've ever turned down a cinnamon roll. I was sooooo proud of myself. I love the support that I get from people. And the people on the site hold me accountable. I feel like if I don't log or exercise I am not only letting myself down but also everyone that is on my friend board. I drink more water and have given up on soda. I am SOOOO HAPPY!! Even my doctor stated that I looked sooo happy.
  • KWSR16
    KWSR16 Posts: 91
    Options
    It has really helped me to think of my daily caloric intake as a type of currency. In the same way that I would weigh the cost of something against the amount of money I have available, I weigh the calories of a particular food against the number of calories I can consume that day and decide whether it's worth it to "spend" those calories.

For example, there's a HUGE birthday cake in the breakroom at my job right now. It's been there since yesterday. And it's white cake. I freaking LOVE white cake. And before, even when I was *sort of* watching what I ate, I would have had a piece. Maybe two. But now that MFP has provided me with a very specific, focused, and VISUAL tool for understanding my daily caloric intake, I haven't even CONSIDERED having a piece. I could have a fairly satisfying meal for the 300-400 calories in that piece of cake, so it's just not worth it.

OH MY GOSH It's like you read my mind!!!! Before if there was (especially) white cake at work I would totally cut a piece the size of my head and eat it all in three bites!!! MFP has definately showed me that what I eat is very important, and that you could be totally suprised at what is ACTUALLY in foods. And I do the SAME THING!! I think of my calories as how much money I have, and if there isnt enough money... I wont eat it. And it totally works! Thanks for that post, its good to know someone else is keeping track of how much change they have left at the bottom of thier purse :laugh:
  • prila13
    prila13 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I havent been at MyFitnessPal long but I already lost 1 lb just from using the calorie counter. :) I've now slowly eased into exercises. I'm excited to see what my progress will be next weigh-in.
    Unfortunately, we have a snow storm coming later tonight. Can anyone reccommend a workout for me to do since I probably can't get outside later to do my walk?
  • Kamixa
    Kamixa Posts: 18
    Options
    I havent been at MyFitnessPal long but I already lost 1 lb just from using the calorie counter. :) I've now slowly eased into exercises. I'm excited to see what my progress will be next weigh-in.
    Unfortunately, we have a snow storm coming later tonight. Can anyone reccommend a workout for me to do since I probably can't get outside later to do my walk?

Shovel!! =) It burns alot of calories! Or clean some cars off.
  • feedmybongos
    Options
    I agree with pretty much everything here! I've found the biggest advantages of MFP compared to my previous calorie counting efforts are:

1) Such a big database and so much easier than writing it down on scraps of paper and rubbing out! Which means I've stuck at it for longer and will continue to do so
    2) The water counter! Oh my god. I only ever used to drink tea and beer. Not an exaggeration. Now on 10 glasses a day! And as a result...
    3) Better skin, more energy, happier, stayed away from cigarettes, enjoying my food and drink more (both good stuff and bad stuff).

I'm so happy I found this place!
  • 40rocks
    Options
    You stated that so well! I completely agree. :-)

*That was mean for everyone that replied so far. I do have a question, though. How do I get my goals, starting weight and other stuff go show up on my signature? Do I have to manually enter it, or how does that work?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!