Ragbrai 2011

Options
Is anyone participating in this years Ragbrai?

Replies

• mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I always say I'm going to go for a day! I doubt that I'll do it this year. It's started in my hometown a couple of years, and it's always been a ton of fun! Are you from Iowa? Where is it starting this year?
  • jdelana
    Options
    I am actually not from Iowa but my boyfriend is. His sister did it last year and by the time we found out she was doing it, it was too late for us. Plus work wouldn't let me off. This year I am for sure!!!! I don't know a lot about it but I am super excited. I have already started my cardio training for this... I am excited yet nervous!!!!
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Ragbrai starts in my hometown this year!!! In Glenwood, IA!! Are you from Iowa as well. I currently live in Council Bluffs though.
  • rydn4h2o
    rydn4h2o Posts: 255
    Options
    My husband and I will be picking it up somewhere along the way, just working on logistics. This will be our 10th year doing this :o)
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I think it would be super fun!!!! I am considering doing a day this year- but would like to participate in the full week at some point!
  • jdelana
    Options
    Rydn4h2o, do you train for it or just go out for fun?
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    My husband and I currently live in Wisconsin but both of us went to school in Des Moines (where we met). We've always said we were going to do Ragbrai someday, haven't done it yet, and we both love to bike. Thanks for your post; it's a reminder to me that I should go look it up to see when we need to register and what's involved!
  • jdelana
    Options
    Gehlerc, you two should totally do it!!! I speak like I have done it, LOL!!! But everything I have heard and read it sounds awesome!!! Let me know if you do!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Im thinking of doing Altoona to Grinnell! Depending on if I can get the time off.
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I'm from Hospers, IA--like an hour north of Sioux City. Maybe next year I'll convince my hubby to do it with me!
  • rydn4h2o
    rydn4h2o Posts: 255
    Options
    Rydn4h2o, do you train for it or just go out for fun?

I train for it. I like to have at good 500-600 miles in before the ride....with lots of hills worked in. The more you train, the more enjoyable this ride is :happy:
  • go80k80
    go80k80 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Coralville to Davenport!