Starving!

Joanimal
Joanimal Posts: 2
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, I just started on Monday, and the site is great. Makes tracking so much easier than other ways I have tried. Unfortunately, I am hungry almost all the time! I hope my body adjusts to the lower amount of calories and protein soon. I do like the "instant" credit I get for completing my exercise!

Replies

• mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Definitely! Exercise calories are so rewarding to see! Give it a week or so and you'll adjust a little better to the less calorie intake. I finally figured out that if I spread my calories out better, it definitely helped. Like I'd be super hungry at 11 and I don't eat lunch until 12-1230 so I eat yogurt and an apple or something for around 250 calories for breakfast and then grab a Granola thin or piece of fruit for midsnack. That seems to help.
  • jen31889
    jen31889 Posts: 121
    I had the same problem my first week. Your body should adjust. But to help...keep yourself busy (mind off of food), drink water, chew gum, increase fiber and protein intake.
  • The hunger part WILL pass, I promise! Hang in there! It won't be long!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    I have transitioned to a very "clean" way of eating in the last year. The more natural items you eat the more you can eat. I completely stay away from all packaged and processed food, including canned and frozen. In doing this I actually have a tough time some days getting in all of my calories as I feel like all I do is eat.
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    it will pass! In the meantime MAKE SURE you're eating foods high in protein and fiber, they will keep you fuller longer!
  • If I am hungry I go for a walk. It kills two birds with one stone, I get more exercise calories to eat and it stops me from eating.
  • It will pass, and before long you'll think to yourself "how did I ever eat all that?" Just make sure you are making wise food choices and opt for protein and fiber-rich foods as they help you to feel full longer. If you're snacking on fruit, try pairing it with a protein like greek yogurt or have an apple and peanut butter (the one I buy has two ingredients - peanuts and salt).
This discussion has been closed.