Metabolism Boosters?! HELP

Options
Hi I've been using MFP since January and I've lost 7 pounds, I'm sticking to 1100 calories per day and working out for 30 minutes and burning 150-200 calories.

I need help to know what I need to eat and what helps to get the metabolism going again?
Should I eat 3 meals and one snack (this is what I'm doing), or should I be eating more often?
Eating more is hard, I run a daycare in my home and if I eat then all the kids want to eat.
I'm drinking 8+ glasses of water per day too.

Help, I want to get this going and need some help.
Thanks

Replies

• jen31889
    jen31889 Posts: 121
    Options
    The more often you eat little snacks, the more it will boost your metabolism. Each time you eat, your metabolism is elevated for a time after.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Hi neighbor! (monticello here).

You are going to do better if you eat 6 times a day-6 small meals, lots of lean protein, lots of veggies. Watch that sugar and the processed carbs--slows you down!

You just have to eat more--no matter what the kids think! Tell them if they want, they can have some carrots or something, which would be so great for them.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    The biggest metabolism booster is weight training. The more you increase your lean muscle mass the better your body functions. Think of it in terms of your "internal furnace". The better your internal furnace runs the more efficiently it powers your body. People with a higher lean muscle mass burn more calories doing the same tasks (even sleeping!) than those with less.
  • linsben
    linsben Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I took a look at your Diary and your eating a good amount of Calories to loose weight. My advice would be to cut out carbohydrates from grain, potatoes, pasts. If you can stay between 50 to 100 grams of Carbs a day you'll loose weight a lot faster. I always try to stay under 100
  • jhackenmueller
    Options
    So what are things that you eat to up your protein besides meat? I eat meat, just need different quick ideas.
    I eat tones of raw veggies and fruits, I really haven't been drinking milk.
  • jen31889
    jen31889 Posts: 121
    Options
    Cheeses have a lot of protein....but also a lot of fat. So eaten in moderation, they can increase your protein.