question about calorie allowance

Options
Im working out hard burning approx. 2000 calories on cardio machines not including my lifting weights... and MFP is giving me over 4000 calories that seems like alot how many calories should i consume?

Replies

• MandeeSue
    Options
    BUMP
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Options
    What are you doing for workouts?
  • hotmooglelove
    Options
    Are you sure that is accurate? A 250lb man would have to do roughly 2.5 hours of high impact aerobics a day to burn 2k cal. If that is accurate, then yes, you probably should be consuming roughly 4000 a day.

If you are feeling full at a much lower calorie intake, then I can assure you you aren't burning as much as your think!
  • Nathan2374
    Nathan2374 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    As soon as i get to the gym i get on the elliptical for about 30 mins and it says i burned 500 cals then i get on the treadmill and walk 3.7mph at a 15 incline for 22 mins and it says i burned 500 cals then i do my weight training usually i pick two body parts and do 4 exercises each body part 3 sets of 12 then after that i get back on the elliptical and treadmill and do the same as before my weight training.
  • Nathan2374
    Nathan2374 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    today i was at the gym about 8:50am and left at 1:15pm i also did about 20 mins of boxing "hitting mitts"