Eww! What's the worst diet/low-fat food you've tried?

Options
I"ve been trying all sorts of new foods in my fitness adventure and have run into a couple that have been just gross. So I'm wondering what are the worst diet/low-fat foods you've tried? :sick:

I'll start with Crunchmaster Multi-Grain Crackers. I got them go dip in my laughing cow cheese. EWW... Rice cakes have better flavor!

Replies

• punkrockmama
    punkrockmama Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    No doubt about it: FAT-FREE DRESSING.
    Eeeewwww!!! Pure grossness.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I bought this cookies 'n cream oatmeal. It was disgusting to put it nicely.
  • SamWTFx3
    Options
    Probably Minestrone soup.. It was low in calories, so I decided to buy some. BIG MISTAKE! I hate that soup :grumble:
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    all those walden farms goods with no calories, no fat, no carbs----they are nasty.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options

oh i agree, fat-free ranch is sickkkk.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Shirataki Noodles - had to toss them, I couldn't get past the smell... My noodles shouldn't smell like fish...
  • k8smama
    Options
    Fat Free Cheese. Never again as long as I live, no matter how much money you offer!! Cheese that doesn't melt is just plain wrong!
  • CarterGrt
    CarterGrt Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes suck. I think I had one that was some kind of Asian-Flavored rice cake. It made me want to lick the bottom of my shoe to get the taste out of my mouth.

--Carter
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Agree...fat free racnh dressing....NASTY! I'd rather save my calories and have the real stuff.
  • lucky48
    lucky48 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Anything fat-free is nasty other than Chobani fat-free yogurt. I think that is the only thing that I've actually liked.

If things were meant to be fat-free, we'd all be skin and bones.
  • meljordan
    meljordan Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Yes! Fat-free ranch is gross.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options

If the fat-free dressing you got taste like crap, it's not because the fat-free part, it's the dressing itself didn't taste good. I've been using fat-free dressing and keep trying different brands and different types. Go figure, some taste bad, some taste awesome. Try something else.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I guess its all personal taste but for me the worst is.......

Full skim milk...you may as well dip a paintbrush in white paint then swill it in a pint of water! 1% will do me fine.

I actually like the kraft light dressings...not sure if these are the fat free ones you're referring to. the italian and the honey mustard ones are lovely...well, i think so anyway
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Fat free creamy dressings are disgusting!!! I can't even look at them never mind eat them!! I use the calorie wise...

grossest thing I have eaten would have to be.... fat free ranch dressing!!!

I can't think of anything that was worse.

Oh and I like rice cakes:)
  • lklein
    lklein Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt... I know everyone love this stuff, but I can not eat it like yogurt. I bought one cup to try it put some granola on it and :sick: It tasted and smelled just like sour cream, and that is not something I want to be eating by itself. I will use it in place of my sour cream, but never again plain.
  • punkrockmama
    punkrockmama Posts: 142 Member
    Options

If the fat-free dressing you got taste like crap, it's not because the fat-free part, it's the dressing itself didn't taste good. I've been using fat-free dressing and keep trying different brands and different types. Go figure, some taste bad, some taste awesome. Try something else.

Thanks for the tip, but I'll still pass. I actually am not really 'pro fat-free', so it doesn't bother me to avoid it. Plus I make some killer homemade, healthy dressings that are way too amazing to pass up for a store-bought dressing.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I'll probably get kicked off this site for being sacrilegious but I made the Hungry Girl pumpkin brownies-thought I'd throw up. My son tried them (16 year old boy-eats ANYTHING and EVERYTHING) and he gagged and accused me of ruining a perfectly good brownie mix. I also hate fat free ranch. Yuck. I've gotten to where I just use 2 T of good balsamic vinegar on my salads and it's wonderful.
  • aligirl32766
    Options

Yes! Fat-free ranch is gross.
  • levinapoole
    Options
    almond butter and plain yogurt are both bad alone or together!!!
  • busub
    busub Posts: 58
    Options
    Egg beaters... yuck. Something about them just taste off. Would rather just have plain old whites, thank you.