Brides on a Mission: Week 6

Options

Replies

• dezil
    dezil Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    @sasbw27: welcome to this group! :-) I just joined yesterday and am loving it! In the back of the mind I'm thinking its great to be 'checking in' with other brides-to-be... helps stay on track and focused (so far haha) so my first 'weigh in' with the group will be next tuesday as well.. best of luck to you and congrats on your engagement!!!

@jennplus2: cheaper venue ideas. You could do a private or small wedding and then invite guests for a party at your home/families home (if someone has a nice big backyard.) This would eliminate the cost of a venue, and you're able to choose your own cateror or and do some stuff yourself. Also, I had a girlfriend who did something similar, but had the party at like a legion or something, but she deocrated all pretty.. and instead of serving a meal the party was around 7 and it was a dessert bar. Her and her mom/aunts made lots of different desserts to serve, and they afforded a few kegs and a dj. Was a great time, and who doesn't love dessert? She made a lot of it herself and froze it before hand. Otherwise, you could do someething similar w/ appetizers (which I think would be a little more spendy.) Good luck to you! :-)
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Brides on a Mission: week 6 (Please copy and paste this into your profile)
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Lost 5 pounds in the last month, 15 pounds total. I'm thrilled!
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Having weight loss and almost getting down to a normal BMI.
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Took a sick day today. I think I'm going to have to talk to my gyno about my birth control. These headaches are killer!
    4. Do you have a wedding” theme”: Brown & purple paisley (see my counter below). I've also incorporated literature elements (I'm an English teacher) and eye items (Dan's an eye doctor).
    5. Any wedding news updates: Printing out the final components of our wedding card suite. This weekend we're planning on assembling and mailing them. We decided to do it at the four month mark, since most of Dan's relatives are out of town and may not know the wedding date (plus, we didn't do save the dates).
    6. What is your exercise plan and are you sticking with it: Started Zumba on Monday and Tuesdays in February. Going on a month by month basis, since I get bored easily and like to switch things up often. I've been getting to the gym about five days a week, doing strength training at least three days.
    7. When I crave ____, I eat ____ instead to be healthy: When I crave Slim Jims, I eat a soft prezel instead to be healthy. (I say this now, because I just splurged on a few sticks of them and am trying to control myself.*LOL*)
    8. How did you do with the week 5 challenge (adding diary to your diet): No problems here. I eat lots of cheese and milk on a regular basis.
    9. Weekly wrap up: Not a bad week in terms of fitness and exercise. I'm hoping I'll finish it out strong. I plan on making an Italian Love Cake for Dan for Valentine's day. We're not doing anything real special... using our spare money for the wedding instead. He did buy me flowers this week! :-D

Shannon
  • MrsWayne2B
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 2 lbs
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I found a really cool garter!
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): I've just been really tired and moody- Not TOM though
    4. Do you have a wedding” theme”: Not really a theme but we have lots of sparkles and bling!
    5. Any wedding news updates: I added someone to the wedding party
    6. What is your exercise plan and are you sticking with it: Yoga 5 times a week and Zumba at least 3- So far I'm sticking to it, but I just started
    7. When I crave ____, I eat ____ instead to be healthy: sweets; a graham cracker and tea
    8. How did you do with the week 5 challenge (adding diary to your diet): Great!
    9. Weekly wrap up: It was ok...a few mess ups though
  • nmcameron11
    Options
    1. Name: nmcameron11
    2. Age: 28
    3. City:
    4. Occupation: MRI Tech
    5. Wedding date: 11/3/11
    6. Fiancés name: Cam
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 3.5yrs
    8. Heaviest weight ever: 128 now 124
    9. Goal weight and date: 115-118 April for dress fitting and to keep it.
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Dance/Running
    11. Favorite healthy food: Hummus and Veggies
  • redruthie
    Options

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: I refuse to weigh myself during TOM. lol. i'll check back when i'm done

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I ordered my wedding bouquet a few weeks ago and it arrived by mail last week. I'm so excited. It is a natural touch plumeria bouquet... very tropicalish. I love it.

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Emotions. I had a huge breakdown last week due to my illness and was a complete wreck! I feel better now though.

4. Do you have a wedding” theme”: not sure yet

5. Any wedding news updates: none yet

6. What is your exercise plan and are you sticking with it: I play tennis every Sat for 2hrs. I do yoga 2 times a week. I strength train 2 times a week. I am generally good at sticking with it, especially the tennis on Sat am.

7. When I crave ____, I eat ____ instead to be healthy: Sweets; a skinny cow drumstick or ice cream. I love sweets!

8. How did you do with the week 5 challenge (adding diary to your diet): I did excellent! I was ordered by my Dr. to eat yogurt everyday. Since I am taking antibiotics, I have to eat yogurt.

9. Weekly wrap up: I am finally feeling better and can't wait to re-focus all of my energy on being healthy! :D
  • EaglesFan521
    EaglesFan521 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    So I needed to vent.

I worked a half day this morning, but I was up at 6, out the door at 7 and was home around 1 and I even brought my fiancee home lunch even though he doesn't work and was home all day. So after running an errand I knew I had to get up to get the the gym, even though I was EXHAUSTED and I didn't want to go anywhere, don't you know my fiancee decides that while I am going to go to the gym he is gonna take the time to NAP (did i mention hes not working right now?)! As I am rallying to get to the gym he is hunkered down on the couch with blankets and ready to go to sleep. Now don't get me wrong I love my fiancee but this is the same man who complains how his clothes are too small... as you can guess they didn't get smaller he got larger, and in his defense I did too, befor i joined MFP I was at my highest weight ever. So needless to say i am a little peeved that every day when I go to the gym or I work out and I offer for him to come with he refuses. and that stationary bike that we bought cause he told me he would use it all the time... well since we got it he used it about 3 times... and he can even play playstation on it. So I don't know what to do.... I guess I just have to let it go for now.. but like I said SOOO frustrating... anyway thanks for listening!!!!
  • ehockstad
    Options
    Can you gals help me with ideas for a cheaper venue? I have a small budget and am trying to think outside of the box!

What about a pretty corner in a public park near you? That would be easy to do for the ceremony - usually you have to pay a small fee to the town and then just set it up yourself. Then if you want to be really budget-friendly, you could have an outdoor reception there. BBQ if you're casual, or get it catered. But I didn't catch your earlier post - how many guests are you thinking about? cutting down the guestlist is the easiest way to save $$$. All these wedding costs - what a racket!
  • ehockstad
    Options

Uscandj-1.jpg

What a beautiful couple!
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    So I needed to vent.

I worked a half day this morning, but I was up at 6, out the door at 7 and was home around 1 and I even brought my fiancee home lunch even though he doesn't work and was home all day. So after running an errand I knew I had to get up to get the the gym, even though I was EXHAUSTED and I didn't want to go anywhere, don't you know my fiancee decides that while I am going to go to the gym he is gonna take the time to NAP (did i mention hes not working right now?)! As I am rallying to get to the gym he is hunkered down on the couch with blankets and ready to go to sleep. Now don't get me wrong I love my fiancee but this is the same man who complains how his clothes are too small... as you can guess they didn't get smaller he got larger, and in his defense I did too, befor i joined MFP I was at my highest weight ever. So needless to say i am a little peeved that every day when I go to the gym or I work out and I offer for him to come with he refuses. and that stationary bike that we bought cause he told me he would use it all the time... well since we got it he used it about 3 times... and he can even play playstation on it. So I don't know what to do.... I guess I just have to let it go for now.. but like I said SOOO frustrating... anyway thanks for listening!!!!

What a poop head! I could see him not doing anything if he was working long hours but not having a job and sleeping while you are working out! Dont you wish that they could just see all this on their own and we dont have to tell them! lol I'm sorry it was a rough day for you. Just look at your progress for the day though....you pushed through something that you didnt' want to do AND you knew you had to do it. I think that is the hardest part about all this sometimes; just doing the work. We know what we have to do to be healthy and beautiful brides but it is hard to actually stick with it and do it. Keep in there!

My fiance has gained quite a bit of weight too (I think he is around 210lbs and 5'9) but he works from 630am-630pm and is on his feet all day and works on Saturdays from 9-12. He says that he is just to beat to work out, which I understand but sometimes wish just on the weekends he could hitthe gym for 30min.
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Will post on Thursday for my regular weigh in date. (But i do a fake weigh in on Mondays...I gained 0.8lbs since Thursday! I worked hard this week working out and made some healthy eating choices over unhealthy ones! Ahhhh frustration!)

Weight in this AM: I lost 2.8lbs! Yay! I am so glad because I have JUST SAID NO about eating ice cream and that M&M cookie sitting on the counter all week. I treated myself last night though to a low cal ice cream sandwhich and was still under my cal goal. I am so glad to see this drop this week...even 1lb would have been great! I hope to keep up this pace.
  • misseswalton
    Options
    1. Name: Carolyn
    2. Age: 24
    3. Occupation: I work in the credit card industry
    5. Wedding date: August 12th 2011
    6. Fiancés name: Edward
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: One year as of Tuesday!
    8. Heaviest weight: Before I started here, 152 pounds. I'm at 138 now!
    9. Goal weight and date: 130 pounds by July
    10. Favorite type of exercise: running anywhere, treadmill, track, etc.
    11. Favorite healthy food: Fruit and veggies
  • misseswalton
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 2 pounds gone!
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Celebrating our one year anniversary!
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Trying to finish wedding details
    4. Do you have a wedding” theme”: Classic elegance
    5. Any wedding news updates: Can't find a photographer! Need to follow up on booking our dj
    6. What is your exercise plan and are you sticking with it: My plan is to stay under my fat and carbs each day and hit the gym twice a week! So far, htting the gym is easy...it's keeping under my fat grams that I'm struggling with...It's hard to find food that fills me up
    7. When I crave _soda___, I drink__water__ instead to be healthy:
    9. Weekly wrap up: I need good recipe ideas for on-the-go people like myself!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Oh ladies, I'm preparing for TOM, with new birth control...I'm lucky I'm not divorced. I won't weight and measure until next week...but everyone seems to be doing awesome! keep up the good work. I'm still working my butt off and TRYING to eat right. The sushi in my diet is killing my sodium levels, but I'm just drinking more water. But when I do crave chips I eat Quaker rice crisps instead!!
  • Denziee
    Denziee Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    So last night I was planning on eating 1/2 of a bakery M&M cookie left from sundays football party. Just before I was going to eat it I got a wonderful facebook note from my fiances cousin. She was looking at my pics and said she couldn't beleive how good I look now and she really could tell all the hard work I have done. I was like WOOOHOOO! I didn't eat the cookie and I didn't even want to eat it. I was on such a high from her really nice note. I JUST SAID NO!!!!

that is the best way to refuse something!! if someone has literally just complimented you beforehand!! well done!! xx
  • sasbw27
    sasbw27 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Can you gals help me with ideas for a cheaper venue? I have a small budget and am trying to think outside of the box!

I'm not sure if you mean for the wedding or reception but we found a hall in the area for the reception and a church for the wedding. Our budget is small too. We're having the reception partly catered and then my future MIL has offered to cook some of the main dishes. Definitely check some of the clubs/halls/vfw's in your area. Time of day can help too, if you haven't already decided. Early in the am you can have a brunch reception or late pm you can just do cocktails and apps. Good luck!
  • sasbw27
    Options
    @sasbw27: welcome to this group! :-) I just joined yesterday and am loving it! In the back of the mind I'm thinking its great to be 'checking in' with other brides-to-be... helps stay on track and focused (so far haha) so my first 'weigh in' with the group will be next tuesday as well.. best of luck to you and congrats on your engagement!!!

Thanks Dezil, same to you! :flowerforyou:
  • sasbw27
    Options
    What a beautiful couple!

Thanks ehockstad! :smile:
  • sasbw27
    Options
    So I needed to vent.

I would need to vent too. Awesome job making it to the gym! :drinker: I don't know if I could've gone, seeing him on the couch not having a care in the world.
  • sasbw27
    Options
    Welcome Nmcameron11 and Carolyn :flowerforyou: I just joined this group too!
  • sasbw27
    Options
    Weight in this AM: I lost 2.8lbs! Yay!

Excellent job wannabrn10! My quote didn't come out exactly right but that's ok.