Need Help with Protein count

Options
Im noticing that as I log my foods every day, I am consistently over the goal for protein. For example its -15 right now and I still have 685 calories left for the day. I've only had 4oz of chicken and 1 protein bar. So can someone explain how Im over in protein and is that bad?

Replies

• gargust
    Options
    When you start watching your calories and eating better you will find yourself migrating towards lean proteins as a matter of course. There is nothing wrong with taking in excess protein - body builders will take in at least 1g of protein per pound of body weight (with some schools of thought recommending nearly twice that). So long as you are drinking plenty of water and have no kidney problems, there is nothing wrong with extra protein! Eat up!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Nope, it's not bad. It's probably safe to bump up your protein goal a little bit. You can customize the goals.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I have the problem where I can't seem to meet my protein goal...so I'm not sure if I'm not eating enough of it, or if my goal that MFP gave me is too high....

So no advice here, apparently! :-/
  • pitaj24
    Options
    I didn't know that you could customize your goals. I will have to try that. I didn't think I was consuming that much protein per day just by some Almonds and some chicken =) Maybe its calculating my chicken wrong but even so I was way over yesterday to. I guess its better to be over in protein vs carbs!

Thank you so much!