Looking for support to keep me on track :)

Options
Fairly new here as I've mostly been using MFP as a calorie tracker but I'm starting to realize there is so much more here! Recently moved and since my usual support network is now 800 miles away I'm looking for some online friends to help keep me motivated and having fun while I get back to my "Boston" weight :wink:

Wishing everyone success -
Lu

Replies

• Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Glad you're here! This is a great place to be! Good Luck on your journey :flowerforyou:
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome place for support!! Glad to see you here.. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Wishes for success! I love this site. I've lost almost 30 pounds since Sept. Had lost motivation for about a month but hadn't gained weight back due to what I learned here. I'll send you an add request! :flowerforyou:
  • bdgstone1
    Options
    Back at cha...

For me, I use the MFP golas as a minimum back stop and try to do better (ya know with out totally passing out or being unhealthy).

I have also posted a Glycemic Index (good/lo vs bad/high) food comparison chart on my fridge. When i was first starting out I used it religiously, but I didn't realize HOW much this would help until I realized I was doing it almost intuitively now.

Also, seeing that I needed to BURN a bunch more than I was taking in and just how LONG it was going to take to get to GOAL WEIGHT (that was my OMG moment) kicked me in to gear and I've been pretty steadily walking (I live in Silverlake and its REALLY hilly) and/or going to the gym, with some free weights at home and some heavy bad work at home (1 hour) for good measure. I;m up to 3 miles a day and hoping to be at 5 miles a day some time in March.

TOTALLY SUCKED the first month...I mean getting up early and eating brown rice (sacrilegious for a Latino) ...but now...meh...easy peasy...AND...my clothes are looser and the BIG weight on the scale at the gym is loving further to the left...

So,,all bueno...what about you?

Nice to meet you...

Gaston (aka Gus)
  • TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You are taking a huge step by joining! There is so much support here. I could not have lost the weight I did without MFP. It is more than a calorie and cardio tracker. MFP helps us all make that lifestyle change to reach the goals we have set. Good luck on your journey! You may friend me if you'd like.