LOVEHANDLES

Options
Is there any exercise that will get rid of lovehandles. I have been doing a lot of cardio, squats, lunges, everything I can think of, but nothing is getting rid of my stubborn lovehandles!! I want them gone!!!

Any ideas???

Replies

• brity77
    Options
    You could try Jillian Michaels' No More Trouble Zones (something along those lines, can't remember the exact name.) It's a great workout!
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    strenght training.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    You can't spot reduce fat, but a good cardio/strength training routine will burn off the fat. I recommend Jillian Michaels' Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. It burns and firms those areas :)
  • helenamonks
    Options
    I think its seriously funny how people lose weight. I've noticed everytime I have lost weight, I lose my chin/leg, then some lovehandle/leg, then some backfat/lovehandle, then I'll start losing on my arms. I don't really lose much belly ever. That's what I'm shooting for this time!
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Lovehandles are the worst for me. I have learned to try and target these areas, Jillian Micheals that was mentioned is a good one, so is sit ups to the side instead of the front. Also try hula hoop (I can only master this on the Wii...).
  • Aspynmom
    Aspynmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Along with your cardio.....do planks!!! I found when I do a couple weeks of regular planks and especially side planks my muffin top goes away!!!

For an extra challenge do side planks on a stability ball....ooh the burn!!!
  • Linz060
    Options
    "Lovehandles" and most of your abdominal fat is going to go away with cardio and a very clean diet. Strength training also helps to build the muscle underneath so when you do get the fat off there is something pretty to look at! Also, women tend to hold water in the love handle area. If you feel like you've already got a clean eating diet and do enough cardiovascular activity, try drinking close to a gallon of water per day and see if that helps.
  • blondie_0506
    Options
    I do strength training almost EVERYDAY. I also just bought p90x and am thinking about buying some of Jillian Michaels dvds because I have heard great things about them!! Thanks so much for the advice everyone!! :)