I am catching on

Options
I have to be honest when i first started this i thought all i could eat was salad salad salad and was wondering why i was not using up my calories. today i ate normal oatmeal for breakfast adn some raspberries, for lunch i had a salad topped with all my favorite veggies and a piece of smoked sausage and then for supper i decided i would try a fillet of fish some purple cabbage fried in a tsp of marg and a baked potatoe with a tbsp of sour cream and i fullfilled all my calorie limit and feel great, I am so on the right track now and thanks all of you for helping realize that i can eat everything and i am not limited. I feel so satisfied today and still have room for a snack for later, again thank you to everyone i now know that i am going to make this work, and there is no turning back. Good Luck to everyone and remember, this a the start of your new healthy life, not a diet.

Replies

• praire
    praire Posts: 73
    Options
    I have to be honest when i first started this i thought all i could eat was salad salad salad and was wondering why i was not using up my calories. today i ate normal oatmeal for breakfast adn some raspberries, for lunch i had a salad topped with all my favorite veggies and a piece of smoked sausage and then for supper i decided i would try a fillet of fish some purple cabbage fried in a tsp of marg and a baked potatoe with a tbsp of sour cream and i fullfilled all my calorie limit and feel great, I am so on the right track now and thanks all of you for helping realize that i can eat everything and i am not limited. I feel so satisfied today and still have room for a snack for later, again thank you to everyone i now know that i am going to make this work, and there is no turning back. Good Luck to everyone and remember, this a the start of your new healthy life, not a diet.
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    It is amazing what you can do and eat when you think about it.....it is only difficult if you make it that way! Good luck!

dd
  • praire
    praire Posts: 73
    Options
    You are so right I was making this difficult for myself i was finding i was stressing a little but now im good to go. I think the key is portion control, and i am finding i am having no problem with that and the biggest part of it all you have to be in the right state of mind and want to do it for yourself.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to hear you are getting things down now. You are absolutely right you can do this and you don't have to feel deprived. It is all in the choices we make.

Keep up the great work.

Eve (Lisa)
  • kaytabin
    Options
    Yeah, I just put in what I ate yesterday and was completely shocked that I did not use up all my calories. It was a bad day, in terms of junk food, but I still didn't use all my calories. I don't use that as an excuse, I just remind myself that I still have to use my willpower and remember that I did not feel good after that day, not like I do on days where I eat healthy.