Yummy Chip Ideas??

Options
I have bought this very yummy mango salsa that I would like to eat with some chips, but 1 serving of most tortilla chips is 140 calories and not that much fiber or protein to help keep me from getting hungry again so soon. Also do not want to eat this salsa with veggies or anything.. don't think that would taste very good. So I'm looking for chip ideas, would like something maybe whole grain, low cal.. would like more fiber and/or protein. I know they've got to be out there!!

Replies

• Corismom
    Corismom Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Tostitos makes a new multi-grain tortilla chip that is super satisfying.
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Ruffles light original, fat free- 1 oz serving - 80 calories - 0g fat - 0g cholesterol - 190 mg sodium - 370 mg potassium - 17g carbs - 1g fiber - 0g sugar - 2g protein - 10% vitamin C - 2% iron.

They are good too.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I like the whole grain wheat thins. I have 9 crackers with my laughing cow cheese wedge every day around 11 and am full till 1:30 when I eat lunch! I'm not sure about the exact protein content but they are filling! Enjoy the salsa
  • Hotbysummer
    Options
    Special K cracker chips!!! I tried the sour cream and onion, and sea salt.....110 calories in 30 chips! They are really good! My toddlers attack me when they see the box, lol!!!
  • debbiemacfarlane
    debbiemacfarlane Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I use tortillas whole wheat flat bread. I put it in the oven for a few minutes to crisp it up. I cut it into easy pieces to pick up salsa and enjoy. I also use it to make pizza full of veggies.
  • shelbyj72
    shelbyj72 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Tostitos has some great multigran chips I love the black bean and roasted garlic chips. Also pringles offers multigrain chips as well.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Make your own Kale Chips or Sweet Potato Chips.
  • Halpinj
    Options
    Why use chips? I have used some mango salsa on just about everything... I put it on egg whites, ground turkey, fish and in salads.. makes for great sauce on anything other than chips. Just suggestion if you looking for ideas for the mango salsa doesn't have to be on chips.
    If your trying to lose weight, stay away from chips.. people will always eat more then the serving amount.. :)
  • tclattenburg
    Options
    Why use chips? I have used some mango salsa on just about everything... I put it on egg whites, ground turkey, fish and in salads.. makes for great sauce on anything other than chips. Just suggestion if you looking for ideas for the mango salsa doesn't have to be on chips.
    If your trying to lose weight, stay away from chips.. people will always eat more then the serving amount.. :)

Took the words right out of my mouth.
    Salsa is fantastic on lots of things - fish, eggs, chicken, cooked beans.
    Stay away from snacky fillers like chips - they're bad news.
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    What about flat out wraps, or lavash, cut up and oven baked. Heard of this from the Hungry Girl website- gonna try it this weekend!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Special K cracker chips!!! I tried the sour cream and onion, and sea salt.....110 calories in 30 chips! They are really good! My toddlers attack me when they see the box, lol!!!

I tried these the other day, they're so good!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I use tortillas whole wheat flat bread. I put it in the oven for a few minutes to crisp it up. I cut it into easy pieces to pick up salsa and enjoy. I also use it to make pizza full of veggies.

I do that too. Cut up a whole wheat tortilla or whole wheat pita bread and bake 'em up crispy.
  • Tarah1357
    Tarah1357 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I usually will eat multigrain chips w/ my salsa...in fact, I had some earlier w/ 3 tbsp of guacamole! yum.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I eat gluten free so I have found ways to get my chip fix...cassava (yucca) chips are delicious as are baked lentil chips...both you can have a ton of chips for 150 calories and no sugars, grains or chemicals!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    what about these: http://www.marysgonecrackers.com/product_info.php?products_id=1

Or try making your own pita/tortilla chips in the oven! baked corn tortillas are wayyy too good :bigsmile:

Very true that salsa is super versatile though. I eat homemade salsa with/on EVERYTHING... stews, hummus, veggies, salads, pitas, wraps, you name it!
  • AMOMONAJOURNEYTOCHANGEHERLIFE
    Options
    I love eggs with Salsa!
  • amyhollar
    amyhollar Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I like Guiltless Gourmet blue corn tortilla chips. I don't eat them too often (2x a week max) so they are more of a treat for me, but for 18 chips it's only 120 calories..... really not too bad as far as chips go. They make other varieties too (like black bean chips) that I believe have similar or the same calorie content
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    My faves:

Special K Cracker Chips - 110 calories per serving --> 30 of the Sea Salt flavor or 27 of the Sour Cream and Onion
    2 Mission Tortille Extra Thin Corn Tortillas - cut into eighths and bake on a sheet pan in the oven --> 16 tortilla chips for 80 calories
    Humbles Baked Hummus Chips - 120 calories per 1oz serving (about the same number as Special K chips)
    Mr. Krispers baked Rice Krisps - 120 calories per serving --> 35-38 krisps per serving
  • rai8759
    rai8759 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the ideas!! I do eat regular salsa on my eggs and stuff (really as a replacement for ketchup love it!), but the mango salsa is sweet so to me it is kinda yucky to put it on much else besides some kind of carb. This might sound pretty limited to some, but I know my palate. lol.

Thanks again!!!
  • tmackster
    Options
    I use pretzels for everything!: hummus, salsa, guac, dips.... but wheat thins and some of the whole grain tortilla chips can work well too. They have a lot out there in the chip section, just look at the calories, and be read to fork out a little extra money because healthy food always costs more. ugh!