Food for 50 people

Options
We are having a birthday bash for my grandmother (she is 91 years young), we are all bringing a dish to pass, any ideas on what I could do that would keep me on track but still be appetizing to everyone else?

Replies

• TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Birthdays are hard. You want to make everything that the birthday person enjoys and that family expects. I try to drink water before and during to keep my tummy filled and make an effort to not snack too much during festivities except on fresh fruit and vegi snacks. But for my meal plate I search out a small plate and do not eat more than I put on that small plate. I get to have everything but in moderation that way. Plus by drinking the water and munching on fruit or vegis before the meal I'm not that hungry. Btw, does your family make posole? Soup is good filling nutrition that is low in calories. If kids are outside I play with them to get in some cardio too. This also allows for me to enjoy that slice of cake I so deserve after being so good.
  • Constantiaps
    Options
    I made an Organic Turkey Chili that won me 5th place in a Superbowl Chili Cookoff (17 entries). Mine was the only non-beef based chili, and despite initial resistance, folks really liked it.
  • natalie39
    Options
    Thanks again for the great ideas.
  • natalie39
    Options
    That sounds delicious. Such a good idea especially with how cold it has been, chili would be great.