Friendly newbie....needs motivation!

Options
Hey All,

I'm 22 years old from the UK, currently in my final six months of University, so a stressful time indeed!
I'm only 5'1 and weigh 157lb, but I would like to lose around 20/30lb within the next year.

At the moment I am trying to use my kinect for xbox three times a week, and keep below my calorie intake (1240 per day).
Other than that, I am pretty tied up with University. I would love to hear some success stories.

Hope to hear from you soon :)

Replies

• smesta
    smesta Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Linmolko,

I'm also new so I can't offer a success story just yet ;) but I also use a Kinect as a source of fun exercise. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like and good luck at reaching your goals!

~Lu
  • cecee27
    cecee27 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Kinect - - it's become and obsession at my house! This site is great! There are tons of great people to help keep you motivated! WELCOME!
  • Roseisadreamer
    Options
    heyyy
    you sound just like me! except im 18 :) ive got pretty much the same goals as you do though - currently at 154 and wanna get to 130 eventually...although that's a long way off at the moment - im just taking things day by day. I find different things motivate me depending on my mood - its rare that i can often motivate myself, so i often tell my friends when i plan to go excersising and they make sure i stick to it - it's a lot harder to say no when you've got someone reminding you of what your goals are :)
    we're all here to help tho, im by no means an expert - ive yoyo dieted since i was about 16 and i hate my body, but my boyfriend and my friends are starting to make me feel better about myself, and for the first time ive actually stuck to healthy eating for more than a month!

oh, and one more tip - dont call it a diet, or even weightloss programme, in your mind that automatically creates a negative relationship between you and how you feel about your body. instead, just go for it, and think of it as your new life - one that you can maintain!
  • dmplz66
    Options
    Hi there,
    Well I'm a 44 year old mom and grandmother and never seem to be able to keep up on anthing. My daughter encouraged me to join and I'm really looking forward to trying this with the help of others. My main problem is portions and learning to eat less of the fatty stuff and fill up more on the lower calorie foods. I never realized how many calories were in things, I just thought I was eating normal....wrong!!! Now I know why I couldn't lose any weight.

Please share any recipes that are tasty, filling and low calories and you will be my hero, I am only eating fish and zero on the dairy seems to make me bloat really bad.

Thanks and may we all make the world a lighter place......
    Debbie
  • linmolko
    Options
    Thanks everybody :)

I hope to write recipes, tips and keep up-to-date over the forums.Take care and just keep going :D