Hi everyone I am new to this!!!

Options
I started yesterday and I am trying to stick to my daily caloric intake I am not having success much I go to bed hungry! Does anyone have any suggestions for me it is 7.01 p.m I am over my calories by -46 and I don't go to bed till 1.00 most nights after putting kids to bed and doing housework that needs to be done. I know I will be hungry later but what do I do to help me stick to this without feeling starved!!!

Replies

• mercedes160
    Options
    not sure what your calorie intake is, perhaps you need to raise it a little, or try eating 5 to 6 small meals a day every 4 hours this way you will not be hungry. or you can try eating foods that are more fillings, without seeing your diary its hard to see what the issue may be, try these two suggestions and see how it works for you .
  • Nekol688
    Options
    Hi there! I would suggest you eat smaller portions throughout the day, so you have extra calories incase you do get hungry around bed time you can have a snack :) Good Luck to you!!!
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You need to make your diary available to us so we can see what you are eating. Also are you drinking all of your water. This is very important as it helps to wash the fat from your body. Eat high protein and high fiber foods. This will help with the hunger.
  • Nicolekp
    Nicolekp Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Fruits and vegetables would be a good way to go. Try to eat fewer calories during the day so you can have a snack at night. If you weren't able to keep the calories down, a snack of fruit or vegetables might give you a few calories but is healthy for your body.
  • floydg68
    Options
    I agree with Mercedes 160. Small more frequent meals will keep your metabolism humming which will help fight hunger. You can find lots of good healthy snacks like almonds & yogurt that are filling. Also, drink lots of water it helps flush your system and aids in metabolizing fat if your exercising.
    Also, if your up til 1am what is your wake up time? Not getting enough sleep it a definite weight loss killer. Those who don't get enough sleep eat more and suffer more "sugar" cravings in their bodies search for energy. IMHO
  • Myschelle
    Myschelle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm new too, but I know that eating more fiber will help keep you from feeling deprived! Aim for 35 grams a day and you will feel satisfied all day. An Asian Pear has between 9 and 11 grams. Good luck. :happy:
  • parrislisa
    Options
    I have been trying to keep my calorie intake to the 1200 as suggested for my weight loss goal....
  • parrislisa
    Options
    I try to sleep late but sometimes my kids wake up at 7.00 a.m but most days I sleep till 9.30/10.00 a.m however in that period I am awake a couple times a night because I am trying to get my kids to sleep in their own room so if they are awake for some reason they usually come into our bedroom and I have to take them back to theirs and lay with them till they go back to sleep draining and tiring but tired of co- sleeping due to lack of sleep ....
  • lesleed
    lesleed Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I used to have the exact same problem! I started drinking more water which I was always really bad about before. It definitely helped. Good luck!!