PLEEEEAAASE Help!!!!

Options
So I am in the hospital with my girlfriend. She just had a hystorectomy and eating at the hospital I over ate on calories even though I had fish and chicken. So I am looking for a workout I can do in the room without any tools/videos/machines. I already did jogging in place. I need some cardio ideas.

Replies

• geraldhenry
    Options
    Just relax and be with your friend.
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Imaginary jump rope, throwing punches, high knees, jumping jacks...
  • claricematz
    Options
    Jumping jacks with squats are always good, push ups, alternating knee lifts, running in place but with high knees or butt kicks...just a few ideas. Hope it helps!
  • aguerrera
    aguerrera Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Jumping jacks and squats. When you do the squat and you are coming up, shoot up and try to touch the sky then land in the squat again.
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options

Yep, not a big deal, burn them off another day.
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options

I agree with this, though.
    I know I'm facing a hysterectomy and the last thing I'd want to see is my friend doing something I couldn't. Just my thought.
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Burpees is where it's at! Do 100 of them and you'll be wiped out.
  • JWOOLEY85
    JWOOLEY85 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How about some squats, lunges, jumping jacks, jumping rope without the rope, boxing throwing some punches, standing crunches hope this helps.:smile:
  • rsonthelake
    rsonthelake Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Jumping jacks with squats are always good, push ups, alternating knee lifts, running in place but with high knees or butt kicks...just a few ideas. Hope it helps!

this is perfect. You can get a good workout with these ideas. I'm going to do while I watch TV tonight!
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Just be with your friend at the moment. You can get back on track tomorrow with counting calories. One day will not kill you.
  • TheWatchStander
    Options
    Show your friend that she is more important then your calories for one day. You can make it up tomarrow.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can go for a walk while she is sleeping? Chair exercises if you really feel you can't wait are always good. You can do knee lifts, arm circles, mini crunches, it all counts as exercise!
  • Nicolekp
    Nicolekp Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If you need to go out to get something to eat then maybe take an extra five minutes to do some stairs that way you can focus on your friend while in her room. Or you can say you will be back in 5 minutes and do some stairs without getting food. either way would be a little extra
  • jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    What is a burpee????
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options

I agree, it's time to focus on your friend, just do your best food wise.
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Bend down, put both hands on the ground, jump your feet back to plank position, do a push-up, jump your feet back up, stand up and jump straight up in the air. It's an amazing full body exercise and a staple of what I do with clients.

http://www.bodyrock.tv/2010/11/22/one-leg-burpee-side-jump/
  • katacha999
    Options

I hear that - life is too short to stress over one day! (just don't make falling off the wagon a regular thing!)