Net Calories

Options
I know that there have been about a gazillion posts on this b/c I've read most of them but it still isn't quite making sense. So here is my question/quandary:

My calorie goal per MFP is 1750/day
Mon-Fri I typically burn just around 1,000 calories with cardio kickboxing

So for instance, today my calorie consumption was 1887 but my Net cal intake was only 858.

How many NET calories should I be eating to stay out of starvation mode?

Thank you SOOOOOOO much. I just can't seem to wrap my brain around this concept.

Replies

• AydensMom528
    Options
    There is really not a magical number. It depends on a lot of things. BUT, the recommendation in general is to make sure your NET calories stay at or above the minimum of 1200.
  • Nataliethin81
    Options
    Minimum is 1200.
  • sturchem
    sturchem Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I've read so many conflicting posts that I wasn't sure if it was my normal calories or my net calories after exercise!
    Oh, and GO DAWGS! (I like your hat!)
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Your NET CALORIES on the home page is just your calories burned - calories eaten. It doesn't take your actual goal into consideration so I wouldn't base anything on the net calories. To get a net of 1200 you'd have to burn 2950 calories each day and only eat your goal of 1750. The net is just telling you if you burned more than you ate. It will change each day depending your in/out calories. I wouldn't worry too much about that number, IMHO.
  • AydensMom528
    Options
    Thanks! I've read so many conflicting posts that I wasn't sure if it was my normal calories or my net calories after exercise!
    Oh, and GO DAWGS! (I like your hat!)

LOL Thanks. I'm a DAWGS fan all day everyday :)