Snow day exercise

Options
I was disappointed that the snow came in today and interrupted my work out schedule. However, I do have my stationary bike at home and can use it on these days! Just did a nice 20 minutes at a moderate pace....which was perfect tonight. And...since I will probably be home tomorrow too since we got about 5-6 inches of snow here..I will jump on the bike a couple times tomorrow.

It has been one of my best buys this year.

Replies

• jlbryant2
    jlbryant2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an awesome way to pass the time on this snowy day when u cant get out and exercise! Congrats!
  • emalay
    emalay Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    We deal with snow all the time here and I have incorporated it into my exercise routine. Snow shoeing, snow shoveling, hiking through the snow, etc. I love being outside in the fresh air and I cannot believe the calories I burn doing these things. (I wear a heart rate monitor, so I know just how great a workout it is!!)
  • kt2007
    kt2007 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Shoveling snow is a great work out. I burned like 1700+ cals today shoveling.
  • jessudd
    jessudd Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I feel ya! We had almost 2 feet in NW Arkansas today!! I'm gonna try to stay with it though... and not eat everything in the house while I'm stuck here for the next few days... :D