water weight?

Options
So I used to never drink water. And by never... I mean never ever. I decided to change my ways a couple of weeks ago. I used to always get headaches from dehydration and now I dont. Good thing!! The bad thing is that I feel like it might be making me heavier? I usually lose weight fairly easy.. but now my normal weight loss routine of eating healthy and working out doesnt seem to have the same positive effect when I am fully hydrated. Any clue as to why that is? I figured the excess water would just pass on through but maybe I am wrong, could my body be holding in the water??

Replies

• Aaronc909
    Options
    How is your sodium intake? Can't tell from your diary since it isn't on the columns. Water should help flush most of that out pending it isn't astronomically high.
  • jillcaudill
    jillcaudill Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I usually get my full 64 oz a day. I pee a lot! I find my weight will fluctuate up to 5 pounds in a day depending on how recently I used the restroom. You will retain that water if you have a high level of sodium in your diet. Do you take your measurements? That is so much more accurate than the scale.
  • Ilovepeppers
    Ilovepeppers Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me. I decided that instead of trying to meet a water quota I just drink when I'm thirsty and cut out all other beverages.. So when I want to drink something with lunch, for example, I'm forced to have some water. Since doing this I've gone back to my normal weight loss!
  • jillcaudill
    jillcaudill Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I actually try to drink my water between meals instead of with them. Water will dilute your stomach acids and slow digestion!