Peanut butter!?

Options
I am craving peanut butter and normally I don't so I thought well that's a good snack. What could i put peanut butter on, well go figure we are out of celery. I looked up the callories for peanut butter and my mouth just dropped! What kind of peanut butter does everyone eat!?

Replies

• klthomas59
    klthomas59 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    peter pan crunchy peanut butter yummmmm
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I like all nut butters but almond butter and cashew butter are particularly awesome...you can grind your own at Whole Foods and it is 100% natural!
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    Jif Creamy. It does have a lot of calories but it really stays with me a while. Love putting it on apple slices or open-face PB and banana sandwich.
  • cjnorman
    Options
    Woodstock Easy Spread. But you have to stir it and then store it in the frig. Just peanuts and salt. I can't eat JIFF or Skippy anymore too sweet.
  • newnicole
    Options
    A fellow MFP recommended PB2!
    LOOK IT UP
    TRY THE CHOCOLATE FLAVOR
    i promise... it tastes good.. just try it! :)
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I use Smuckers Natural Creamy but my husband just started using PB2...a lot less calories and fat :wink:
  • jnewton26
    jnewton26 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I go with the natural peanut butters. Sprouts or Henry's has them if you live in So Cal, but other natural markets will have them. A good brand is Laura Scudders, they only use peanuts and salt; no added sugar.
  • szieres
    szieres Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I was craving the same thing tonight, and I could not believe how many calories were in 2 tbsp! I took the jar out, put it on the counter, and looked for something else that was a bit healthier... ate that FIRST, then had about a half serving of PB... It seemed to do the trick!
    Or, half a serving on one piece of low cal bread, and either cook it like a grilled cheese (no butter ofcourse) OR lightly toast your bread and then spread it around.. YUMMMYY
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    kraft sugarless/saltless

per tbsp = 90 cal / 3 carb / 8 fat / 0 sodium

yummy!
  • jessemerson86
    jessemerson86 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I use an organic peanut butter called Better 'N Peanut Butter. It's got half the calories of regular peanut butters and tastes really good.
  • lbarnett300
    Options
    Another vote for PB2....It is really good
  • Heifort1
    Heifort1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is really high in cals, just like the peanuts themselves. As a peanut butter FREAK, I've got to get mine in every once in a while. I've not really found that any one is any less cals than the other so buy the brand you like and use it sparingly. I like have a toasted mini-bagel (wheat) and a tablespoon of PB as a snack. It's about 200 calories and worth every chewy bite!!

I'll have to find the PB2!!!!
  • mel_0920
    Options
    Organic . And I like PB on Apples.. have you tried that?
  • cleo77
    cleo77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    i eat peanut or almond butter, but I make sure I purchase the sugar free type, and limit my intake by 1 tbsp. Almond butter is a good fat.
  • seckler
    seckler Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    LOOK IT UP
    TRY THE CHOCOLATE FLAVOR
    I've heard about the PB2 and went to the website but couldn't find where it listed the calories, fat, etc. Does anyone know this info?
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I have Walmart's brand Great Value creamy peanut butter. It put PB on an English muffin with cinnamon for breakfast or I'll dip my apples in it. Yummy!
  • lordofultima
    Options
    I eat peanut butter on a whole wheat bagel every day of my life for breakfast. It's not really healthy, is full of fat and all of that...but it's a hit I take gladly. I usually cut the serving size in half (1 tbsp instead of 2, who needs 2 anyway), and I use Skippy creamy Peanutbutter. I don't mess with Natural or Organic peanutbutters, they're really not that much better for you IMO, so I might as well use the one that tastes delicious.

PB2 looks interesting and the fat calories are much lower, so I may give it a try. I just don't want to spend a bunch of money on peanutbutter online.
  • dancinblonde0099
    dancinblonde0099 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    LOOK IT UP
    TRY THE CHOCOLATE FLAVOR

I looked this up online and omg the calories are crazy good! Where do you buy it from?
  • Dee1006
    Options
    i like jif natural...usually the serving size is two tablespoons....so i usually put one tablespoon on a 110 calorie bagel flat
  • dancinblonde0099
    dancinblonde0099 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    LOOK IT UP
    TRY THE CHOCOLATE FLAVOR
    I've heard about the PB2 and went to the website but couldn't find where it listed the calories, fat, etc. Does anyone know this info?

http://www.bellplantation.com/nutrition