Healthy Recipe Help!!!

Options
We're having a body transformation contest at work and our first team challenge is to bring in a healthy recipe for everyone to sample. The winner gets points for the team. It can be anything but I need to think of something healthy that can be sampled by many people. Any brilliant ideas???

Replies

• Taryn51
    Options
    Sushi??
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I made up a healthy, vegan chile recipe, this would be easy to make and feeds many people
    I put mushrooms in a food processor ( you can also use cauliflower or both) this replaces the ground beef
    add beans - canned or pre-cooked (I like black beans best but use whatever you like)
    add chopped vegetables like peppers, onion, tomatoes, celery
    add tomato paste, garlic, chili powder, salt, and additional red pepper flakes depending on how spicy you want it.

I use my slow cooker so it's ready when I get home from work, but you can cook it quicker on the stove too.
  • msemejuru
    Options
    Hummus and homemade pita chips.
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I actually just made a very healthy version of fettuccini alfredo, tonight, for dinner. I just got done posting it on my daily cooking blog and you can find that by going to

www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TracieJ65
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    kale chips.
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    kale chips are great! you can make your own or buy them from a health food store!
  • amyoliver85
    amyoliver85 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Nicole, I actually just posted about this the other day in Recipes.

You can get a Healthified recipe off BettyCrocker.com by searching Healthified or Healthier...they have some incredibly fabulous recipes. Like a healthy Tres Leches cake (I recommend replacing the eggs with bananas or apple sauce and make sure to use fat free condensed milk and evaporated milk where possible). It tastes great and has really low calories and sugar if you do the replacements. They also have great healthy chicken and black bean burritos, lasagna and some other fab recipes. Most of the nutrition content is provided on the recipe pages and also on MyFitnessPal courtesy of myself and a couple other users.

Or, you can try this recipe I designed for a Chicken Vegetable Soup:

please follow pretty closely, or you'll end up with watery soup:

1- carton Pacific Foods low sodium chicken broth (only 70mg sodium per serving!)
    3- carrots, chopped or medium sliced
    3- sticks of celery, chopped or medium sliced
    1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
    1 tsp. onion powder or more to taste
    1 tbsp. pepper or more to taste
    2.5 cups water
    2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped into 1/4 inch size pieces or smaller and COOKED
    alternatively, shred the pieces into large shreds for a different texture

Combine all ingredients in a large pot. Bring to a boil. Let boil for 3 minutes. Turn down to low or simmer. Let cook for 15-20 minutes.

This makes about 7 servings of soup. If you want to make a larger batch, Do double the items or more, however much you want to make.

You can find Pacific Foods chicken broth at Wal-mart and at most Kroger foods stores. You should also be able to get it at Whole Foods, if you have one or another major health food chain.
  • amyoliver85
    Options
    Let me know if you need any other ideas.
  • amyoliver85
    Options
    You can also do the same search in Recipes.com but with more complex results.
  • amyoliver85
    Options

Oooo! Thanks for the link.

And you should take a look at this one: http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/healthified-mini-chocolate-cheesecakes/11fdb8b1-e0db-4384-8638-28ce7d2e108f

I totally swear by Betty Crocker. You can even swap out some of the ingredients for even healthier ones and the taste remains the same. Totally worth every calorie.
  • missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I buy the large containers of Fat Free Yogurt & mix frozen Blueberries (or any berry) I add Sugar Free Vanilla Pudding mix dry to it for some sweetness & thickness. Simple......... Been doing this for a few years now, and every time I take it, people love it and think it taste like cheesecake. You can omit the pudding mix if you have issues with adding sugar substitutes but I like the mix.
  • gstanton
    Options
    I have two Weight Watchers books plus some of their little books you can borrow!
  • ramonaquimby
    ramonaquimby Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i made a lightened buffalo (fake)chicken dip for the super bowl today, using low-fat cream cheese and omitting the ranch. it turned out really delicious. nobody even noticed that i lightened it. you could use real chicken breast, but i don't eat it, so i used Gardein's product.

You could bring an enchilasagne with brown rice, spinach, black beans and sweet potatoes. we make this often, and it is soooo yummy!

Do a really lightened and loaded veggies taco bar? A lentil or veggie meatloaf. Smoked salmon spread with low-fat cream cheese? Home-made protein bars or something like a lara bar?
  • missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    :smile: Now that sounds good. Thanks for sharing!
  • nmccabe33
    Options
    Thanks for all the delicious ideas. Although my group lost, we lost to a great team...and we looked damn good doing it!!!