Ever wanna yell and delete?

Options
2»

Replies

• loonpine2
    loonpine2 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yes, there is one person on my MFP that I really want to delete and I might just do it.
    I do whine at times but I work my butt off 155lbs since I started MFP and a total of 203 since Jan 2010. It's hard to start and I use to make excuses why I couldn't exersice now it seem I make excuses why I have to go exersice. LOL
  • Trovan
    Trovan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hey! Why'd you delete me?

j/k
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    loonpine2........I hope its not me you wanna delete and this is just my "warning" LOL!

You are awesome and such an ispiration......I've been whiney this year so far several times just since I've hit a plateau or whatnot......but I hope I'm not driving everyone crazy.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Hey! Why'd you delete me?

j/k

HAHAHA....... :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    One of you MFP friends? I've had it happen 2x since I joined almost a year ago where I had to delete someone for finally just getting on my last nerve. I wish I could yell at them and give some tough love or some shut up and do it already but I don't wanna hurt any feelings so I just quietly hit the button that will release them from my life.

One person was gone about 6 months ago and one today. You know the people who whine about the same stuff week after week after week for MONTHS on end and take the advice they are given and let it go in one ear and out the other. Never putting anything into action, because they are "STARTING TOMMORROW"

I feel bad because this one friend I got rid of today has actually gained like 24lbs in the last 4 months and probably will continue to go no where because of the constant partying, festivities, game nights and cheat nights they have every week. I found it utterly exhausting to keep cheering this person on ..... and I was getting depressed reading all the complaints, so I did what I had to do and I hit DELETE!!!

I feel so much better now!
    I do understand there are definitely times to drop members for various reasons. But am curious why you felt the need to start a thread to announce it first, when it's just as simple to click remove friend and move on. :huh: Why announce it on here and make a big deal of it? Not sure I see the point of that.

To create a thread each time we get frustrated about a member seems pointless though.:noway: Unless you're doing it for validation or ridicule. .:frown:
  • 1southernchick
    1southernchick Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Agreed, I just deleted my first peep this week. I couldn't take it anymore.
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I don't feel guilty at all about removing someone off my Friend's List who is annoying. I can't stand to get 15 minute updates on people's personal life. Also, I have removed a few people who aren't *really* trying to lose weight. I don't want to be around someone with a lack of self-motivation or drive. It just brings me down, too.
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Lets start a NO WHINE ZONE thread. only positive comments and constructive criticism allowed.
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I deleted a friend who is also a friend/co-worker in real life. She didn't take it too well and didn't accept my explanation (and also that I didn't delete her from REAL LIFE).
    I don't think that every friend is good for all aspects of your life. We are a lot alike in ways that wouldn't be beneficial to me here right now.

I feel bad about it because I hurt her feelings.
    I also feel that I made the right decision for me at this time, though.

This is the last time I'm going to lose this fat. I intend to do everything that I need to do in order to succeed even if that means that some people's feelings will get hurt.

I hope she comes to understand in time but if not, oh well.