Breakfast ideas please:)

Options
Hey guys,
I always wanna have a lovely breakfast in the mornings but i never know what to eat!
I need some ideas that are both good tasting and good for you, any thoughts?:)

Replies

• tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Eggs, (any style) 1 whole wheat toast and a piece of fruit !!!! This is my favorite breakfast :smile:
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    This is if you're in a hurry:

Fried egg over hard

Toast with plum jam

cereal

Fruit

If you have time, steel cut oats with creme or milk also.
  • rubyrider
    rubyrider Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've been eating egg whites or egg beaters egg whites. 1/2 cup makes a decent amount. Sometimes I make an omlette out of it and throw in mushrooms, onion, maybe a slice of ham or turkey lunchmeat, but usually Im not that ambitious! I just cook the egg white and have it on one or 2 slices of light wheat bread, Its usually under 150 calories and holds me until lunch
  • vicster9727
    Options
    Egg white omelet!!! Yumm
    4 egg whites
    2 slices crispy bacon
    tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese...

serve with 1 slice dry wheat toast - teasp jam or jellie
    coffee - black
    small orange juice.

good for you inside & out :)
  • NOLAdy
    NOLAdy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    One egg mixed with egg beaters for scrambled. A hard boiled egg. Grapefruit. Whole grain toast with almond butter, or butter. oat groats. fruit with cottage cheese or yogurt. Hot tea. Coffee.
  • carolleee
    carolleee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal! The real stuff, not in packets. It's really quick when you make it in the microwave. I usually add a bit of yogurt and and some frozen fruit and it's really tasty.
  • adhillman01
    Options
    I do egg whites (I use the kind in the box 3/4 cup = 4 egg whites) with cut up onions and peppers with salsa. I just buy precut fajita vegetables. Sometimes I substitute pre-sliced zucchini for the fajita vegetables. You can substitute 4 slices of turkey bacon for this. For my carbs I do 1/2 cup of oatmeal but you can substitute 1-2 slices of whole grain toast. I put some splenda, cinnamon and a little fat free milk in the oatmeal for flavor.
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    omlets are surprisingly low in calories and tased great plus they keep you full for a real long time. I do a four egg omlet with dill and garlic and rosemary spices mixed in and some time i even use some lemon peper. then I top it with some ketchup and mustard. But you can all kins of things to it. Go on to the food list and type in omlet and it will show you a list of differant types and tell you how many calories for each thing. Find one that looks good to you and go for it.
    Whole wheat toast with peanut butter is good too and fast when you are real short on time. Don't forget to keep a bowl of fresh cut up fruit in your fridge, this is good for smoothies, with yogart or all by themselves. I also like oatmeal for breakfast. Special K cereals are pretty good and have lots of vitamins any more. I hope this helps some. :)
  • ivanaelly
    Options
    thanks guys:) I like the sound of some of these:)
  • danielleshill
    danielleshill Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Fried egg with a slice of 2% cheese on a Thomas Light Whole Wheat English Muffin. I love it and it always holds me until lunch.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Weekday breakfast is most often fruit salad with plain yoghurt and muesli (granola in the US I think, get a raw one, not toasted).
    I make this in the evening for the next few days and it is ready to grab in the morning, usually i eat it at work.

Weekend breakfast is often 2 eggs with a piece of wholegrain toast, plus some mushrooms with garlic, or fresh tomato, or avocado.

Or my husband's famous "huevos desperados" which are basically any left over veges, maybe a bit of leftover meat warmed up in a non stick pan, add about quarter of a cup of cooked brown rice and 2 eggs per person. Scramble it all together and you have a really hearty brunch that is quick to cook and very good for you. Even better with his fresh chilli relish on top!
  • SillySarah
    Options
    Hey guys,
    I always wanna have a lovely breakfast in the mornings but i never know what to eat!
    I need some ideas that are both good tasting and good for you, any thoughts?:)

Here are some of my favorites for when I am on the go:

I. Homemade egg "McMuffin" with ham:

1 Thomas whole wheat english muffin (I love these cause they have an awesome flavor), toasted and cooled
    1 egg scrambled
    5 slices honey ham lunch meat

Place the egg and ham between the sliced and toasted english muffin and eat right away. My husband likes a smidge of maple syrup on his.

II. Breakfast smoothies

1 small banana
    1 cup vanilla soy milk
    1 cup frozen berries/fruit
    1 teaspoon ground flax seeds
    1 Tbsp/scoop plain protein powder
    1 cup ice

Blend on high until smooth. Add the banana first, then the soymilk, then the protein powder/ flax and add the ice last. The mixture will blend more evenly if you do this.

III. Breakfast burritos - This is a great way to up your vegetable consumption and add fiber to your diet. It sounds weird, but it is so satisfying and filling.

1 slice Joseph's Lavash flat bread
    2 eggs scrambled
    1 stalk green onion, chopped
    1 cup spinach
    1 cup kale
    1 cup shredded red cabbage
    4 thin tomato slices
    1/2 cup "match stick" cut carrots
    1/4 crumbled feta cheese/cheese

Heat up a non-stick skillet (or use spray oil) on medium. The skillet needs to be hot before you cook the eggs otherwise the eggs will cook to the surface of the pan. Lay the lavash flat on a cutting board/plate/counter. In a separate dish, beat egg whites and yolks into a homogenous mixture. When the pan is hot, add the egg mixture, chopped green onions and feta. Place a lid over the eggs while they cook for about 2-3 minutes.

Meanwhile, place spinach, kale, cabbage, tomato slices, and carrots onto one half of the lavash. Add the cooked eggs. Make sure that the burrito filling is over only half of the lavash because as you roll it up, the contents will push over the other half of the flat bread. Be sure to roll everything up real tight. Additionally, if you are on the move, wrap the bottom of the burrito in tin foil so any drippings can be caught in the foil (instead of your pants).

IV. PB & J Royale - This is super easy to prep the night before if you know that you'll be too busy to get breakfast in the morning.

3 Slices whole wheat bread (100 cal per slice)
    3 Tbsp peanut butter
    1 Tbsp low sugar grape jam
    1 Tbsp low sugar strawberry jam

Place 1.5 Tbsp PB on the top of bottom slice. Add measure of either jam onto the inside of the top slice. Place jammed top slice face down on PB smeared slice. Add the other 1.5 Tbsp PB to the top of the sandwich. Place remaining jam onto the inside of the top slice. Top sandwich with last jammed slice. Serve with 1 piece of fruit.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    quinoa with milk and honey (or other sweetner of your choice)

egg whites (I use the ones in the carton) with mexican chipotle mrs dash and a yogurt or peice of fruit

whole wheat english muffin with organic peanut butter and no sugar added jam sometimes I use sunflower seed butter instead.

satisfaction cereal with milk (very filling) I also like guardian and bran buds cereal

I sometimes like to take a hard boiled egg and chop in up on a english muffin and eat it like that

For Premade (aka frozen and quick) I like:

aunt jemima scrambles and weight watcher egg muffin sandwiches....but these are not sodium friendly.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Quick breakfast ideas: any flavor of Quaker Oatmeal to Go bars. My favorites are apple and banana nut bread. Throw one in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds and it comes out warm and chewy. I couple it with a Yoplait light and I am usually good until lunch (about 310-320 calories). If I know I am going to be working out that day, I may add a serving of almonds or cashews.

"If you have time" breakfast ideas. My perfect breakfast if I am working out and I have time. A full serving of CoCo wheats. I add some Splenda (or sometimes 24g of brown sugar), crushed walnuts, and dried cherries, and a little bit of milk. Great comfort food and less than 500 calories. I will sometimes have one or two over easy eggs with it. You can't go wrong with eggs in the morning.

Good luck!
  • rflowers7
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Quick breakfast ideas: any flavor of Quaker Oatmeal to Go bars. My favorites are apple and banana nut bread. Throw one in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds and it comes out warm and chewy. I couple it with a Yoplait light and I am usually good until lunch (about 310-320 calories). If I know I am going to be working out that day, I may add a serving of almonds or cashews.

this sounds sooooo yummy, I never thought to pop em in the microwave! I'll have to try that.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    All Bran cereal with a Banana a little milk and chia seeds. Sometimes I have other cereals, but always high fiber. I usually have about 20 grams of fiber in my breakfast meal which keeps me full for a long time.
  • ivanaelly
    Options
    Thanks guys:)
  • ivanaelly
    Options
    Thanks guys:)
  • Vixxta
    Vixxta Posts: 31
    Options
    One Thomas's whole wheat english muffin toasted, plus one or two ounces Cabot's Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese snuggled inside. It's like a breakfast toasted cheese. Mmmm.