30 Day Shred anyone?

Options
I bought this DVD a few months ago (ok more then a few months ago) and did it for a week maybe. I gave up.
I wanna get back with it but im nervous. I've learned to suck it up and do Wii Fit in front my my boyfriend and/or kids. but worst case scenario there, is its too hard, but i just tough it out for the what, few minutes? that it takes to finish one of their work outs? I'm not sure that I can handle a full 30 minute failure in front of them.

I attempted to do it at night, when everyone went to bed (I tend to be a night owl) but now my boyfriend has become the night owl and stays up til 3-4am! So ive gone to bed earlier lately (10-11pm) and want to try to get up in the morning before everyone else and do it. But i guess i just need motivation. I'm dreading it!

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    do it, you won't regret it. I just finished the program & had great results.
  • deemedpriceless
    deemedpriceless Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I ordered it and expect to receive the video in a few days. I will start with you. Let me know the details of when you would like to start.
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I do this workout every other day. I just moved up to level 2. It is a challenge at first... not going to lie! You will want to stop and say u can't do it but you can! Take it at your own pace and within 3-5 workouts you should be able to do the whole video. I have done tons of workout videos and this one is by far my favorite. I am seeing great results in my muscle tone as well as weight loss and I only do it 3X a week. I have 2kids (3 and 2) and this video really helps me out I don't get much time to myself. Try it a few times and see how YOU like it. I am very happy with the results I'm getting from it. :) Keep up the great work!!
  • kimballtracy
    Options
    im gonna be day 4 of it tomrrow...its hard...but its worth it!!!!
  • piglet198144
    piglet198144 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just started it today. You can do it with me. I have the same issue of not wanting to do it in front of my boyfriend, so I wait until he leaves, or is sleeping. Luckily he is very active and has a lot of hobbies so I can find time to do it. I will be your motivation, if you be mine?
  • Mama06
    Mama06 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I love it! I've been waking up between 5 & 6 to do it! (Granted that means that I go to bed by 8, but it's worth it!)

I first discovered it back in October and it totally changed my body!

Just do it! It's less than 30 minutes. It's tough, but once you adapt you will be SO proud of the results!

Good Luck!
  • kimballtracy
    Options
    do it, you won't regret it. I just finished the program & had great results.
    what kind of results?
  • rosita76
    Options
    Hey! I would love to try to do this! I was telling my bf that I wanted to do it, but not alone and definitely not in front of my kids n bf LOL I heard it really kicks your butt but its very effective. When are you going to start?
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    well i'm currently working on my last 10lbs, so I wasn't expecting a HUGE weight loss.
    I lost 4lbs and 8.5 inches.
    My strength & endurance now is INCREDIBLE. It's almost unbelievable.
  • rosita76
    Options
    Im game ladies!! I just gotta get the DVD....I think walmart stores have it?
  • jjjohns
    Options
    I"ve been doing 30 day shred every other day for a couple of weeks. It is hard but it's working for me! I can see biceps forming!! I am fairly fit - I run and do yoga, but the Shred is tough. I'm on level 2 and it's hard, but it's only 25 minutes or so and I feel great afterwards. It gets a little easier the more I stick with it. Give it a try and stop being embarrased to exercise in front of people!! If anyone makes fun then challenge them to do it with you - that will shut them up and get you some respect!!
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I just got it and haven't tried it yet but am planning to give it a try tomorrow and will report on my results.
  • CarlaAnn15
    CarlaAnn15 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    LOVE 30 Day Shred! Did Session 1 day then a week later tried Session 2. Yesterday I started over with Session 1 and again today! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!! Looking forward to tomorrow's workout!
  • tiffanyjeanhaynes
    Options
    i just got the 30 day shred a few days ago and the first time i did the video i went through the level one without the dumbells just to get a feel of the moves. im really glad i did because the video was pretty intense and my cordination can be whack sometimes. so ive done the video twice now with the weights and it is already getting easier. i say if your man says anything while your working out to the video challenge him to get up there and try it. if he does attempt he will realize its much harder than it looks and then have more respect for you because you hang with the program. have fun with the workout and it will get easier as you go. another idea is to make him go into a different part of the house for that 20 minutes!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

I just bought it yesterday at Walmart for $9. Unfortunately due to a knee injury I can't workout until Monday so I will be starting next week.
  • tiffsNEWlife
    Options
    I'm on Level 3 day 4 and it's great. I have lost 9 pounds and about 2.5 inches and I only do it about 5 days a week. I would worry about doing the video in front of your husband... What I say to mine is, when you get your @ss up here and try it that's when you can say something. :laugh:
  • spunky_spit_fire
    spunky_spit_fire Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I love 30 Day Shred I am still at Level 1 building up my endurance :-) I PAUSE IT WHEN I CAN NOT GO ANY FUTHER CATCH MY BREATH AND START AGAIN and it gets easier everyday ! just wish I knew the proper way to record it for exercising I am listing it as Circuit Training but sure seems I burn more than 227 calories but I am ok with that I know I am working it LOL
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    ya for $9
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I have actually had this dvd for like a couple months now but have not dared to try it yet.
    I really need to get motivated & give this dvd a try as I've heard that it is a really good workout
    & you see amazing results

For everyone that is already using 30 Day Shred......
    Do you do Session 1 for all the 30 days then move onto the next level??
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    i was embarrassed to do it in front of my hubby at first but then i said screw it. this is my body and i want to change it.