Not feeling hungry

Options
I usually don't feel hungry durning the day at all. When I do finally sit down and start eating, I feel as if I hadn't eaten in a week! I have managed not to overeat. It passes quickly and I feel full quick. Since I don't feel hungry I don't eat any snacks and usually make a light dinner for myself . I haven't been getting all my calories in, either. I'm worried that that will work against me later.

Anyone else going thru this, too?

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    This is why people have no metabolism!!!
    You have to fuel the fire to keep the fire going

Eat small amounts every 2-3 hours to kick up your metabolism--preferrably not sugars!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    When I first started here I found I had to eat 2-3 times what I was used to. It was hard, but I made myself do it. Tons of people will tell you to listen to your body, that you shouldn't eat if you aren't hungry. But, your body's hunger signals are subjective and they adjust to the amount of food that you're eating. If you consistently eat less than you need your hunger will fade. This is how anorexics can still function (mentally) on 300 calories a day. And it's true for the opposite as well. If you're used to eating much more than you need you will feel hungry more often.

If you're having a hard time meeting your calorie goal you can do two things: either eat more calorie dense food like cheese, nuts, avocados, etc. or you can gradually add more food to your meals and make yourself eat a snack or two. I chose to add in more food because I knew my body would adjust to me eating more and I'd be hungrier if I ate calorie dense foods. It took me less than two weeks before I was used to eating the right amount of food.
  • heatherours4
    heatherours4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    feeling ravenous when you sit down to eat? maybe you have worms? hahaha :-) sorry kristi- i found out we may not have school tomorrow because of no heat and I am giddy!
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Do you eat breakfast? I find if I don't eat breakfast I can goo all day and only eat dinner. I make it a point to eat something within 90 mins of waking up.

I keep fresh fruit and almonds on hand. I sometimes get nauseous trying to eat too early. I will take a quick drink of rice milk ,eat a piece a fruit or munch or some almonds and then have breakfast at snack time. I also juice fruit and add spinach or kale to it along with some spirulina and flaxseed powder. On really hard days I drink breakfast.

I make it a point to have easy to grab foods on hand so I can throw together a meal. I also keep dried cranberries and almonds on hand for my snacks. Those small meals add up and help your metabolism do it's job.
  • immskris
    Options
    I do eat breakfast now. I never use to. Maybe that's part of the problem, I'mnot use to breakfast yet. I eat on a weird schedule all day because I go to school and that's just how my classes fall. I'm going to try to eat more little things all day long.

Thanks for everything :)