Single Girl Recipes!

Options
prettyinpink117
prettyinpink117 Posts: 30 Member
Looking for some single serving recipes that don't include any meat except chicken. I'm down with making larger portions to freeze, but don't want to deal with a lot of ingredients! Would be awesome if they were all roughly 300 calories too!! Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• trackgirl_08
    trackgirl_08 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Check out www.hungry-girl.com
    I have gotten alot of interesting recipies from there.
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    bump! i'm in dire need of some new ideas as well.
  • btor
    btor Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I'm breaking your no meat rule because tuna is awesome. It's low calorie and high everything you need.

1 3 Oz Can of Tuna in Water
    1 Large Egg
    1/4 Cup Fine Bread Crumbs
    A dash of Salt and Pepper

You simply mix the Tuna, egg, and bread crumbs in a bowl. Heat a frying pan up to just over medium heat and coat with Pam or some other non-stick spray. Make the mixture into one or two patties and then cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.

The burger itself (if you make it into one patty) is only 293 calories, but is closer to 400 once you add the bun and whatever toppings you might put on. Often I'll just throw some salsa on top as a bit of a garnish. Quick. Simple. Effective.
  • cahira
    cahira Posts: 163
    Options
    My super favorite lunch right now is a chicken breast that I cook up and top with 1 oz. of soft goat cheese and a handful of chopped up cherry tomatoes. Very, very tasty and the goat cheese makes it extra satisfying and it costs me 248 calories. You could add some steamed veggies and probably keep it all under 300.
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'm breaking your no meat rule because tuna is awesome. It's low calorie and high everything you need.

1 Large Egg

You simply mix the Tuna, egg, and bread crumbs in a bowl. Heat a frying pan up to just over medium heat and coat with Pam or some other non-stick spray. Make the mixture into one or two patties and then cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.

The burger itself (if you make it into one patty) is only 293 calories, but is closer to 400 once you add the bun and whatever toppings you might put on. Often I'll just throw some salsa on top as a bit of a garnish. Quick. Simple. Effective.

I LOVE tuna patties!!! We just eat them plain with a little italian dressing.
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Also check-out Gina's Skinny Recipes (www.skinnyrecipes.com)--lots of yummy stuff! Several soup and stew recipes, which are great for making batches and freezing as well.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options

1 Large Egg

I LOVE tuna patties!!! We just eat them plain with a little italian dressing.
    +1 Sooo good. :happy:
  • call_me_gg
    Options
    Check out www.hungry-girl.com
    I have gotten alot of interesting recipies from there.

The "Fettucine Hungry Girlfredo" is an amazing substitute for Alfredo and it's only a few ingredients. I definitely second that website as a great place to find recipes that are usually really easy and not too many ingredients.
  • prettyinpink117
    prettyinpink117 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you guys sooo much!!!!
  • als0317
    als0317 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I often make a chicken breast on my George and then steam a pepper wrapped in foil with a little no-cal olive oil next to it on the grill. Or I cook some broccoli or spinach. I like my chicken with just a little salt and pepper, but my biggest recommendation would be to get Cavenders All Purpose Greek Seasoning.

You can also make flatbread pizzas with Flatout breads [100 cals]. I put the Flatout bread in the oven [or toaster oven] on broil for a bit so it is a little stiffer and can hold some weight. [Or if you're going to bake it, put it in while you're preheating. Keep your eye on it though!] I add store-bought pizza sauce and then toss on any toppings! if you're adverse to other meats, you can throw on some diced or shredded chicken [you can boil the chicken in water and then shred it]. I like to use turkey pepperoni. I also add green olives, mushrooms, basil, tomato slices, spinach, whatever I have laying around! Sometimes I will crumble goat cheese over the top, and sometimes I will go cheeseless. Then just bake or broil. This is a really simple, fabulous meal! I went through a stint where I had a mini-pizza at least three times per week. I thought at first that one wouldn't fill me up, but it definitely does!
  • mdward79
    mdward79 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    PASTA W/ NO COOK TOMATO SAUCE

Not sure on the nutritional values...but this is a great, simple Weight Watchers recipe. I usually make it tor dinner and have plenty of lunch leftovers that I finish without wasting.

http://flabtofabwomen.blogspot.com/2011/01/pasta-with-no-cook-tomato-sauce.html
  • 90poundsoflard
    Options
    bump
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • daniemoore11
    daniemoore11 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try weightwatchers.com. The website has some great easy to fix recipes.
  • llstrength
    llstrength Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • page68
    page68 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    keep
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Here is one of my favorites:

Diet Coke Chicken

4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
    1 cup ketchup
    1 - 12oz can diet cola

Place chicken in a non-stick fry pan. Pour ketchup and diet cola over it. Birng to boil and cover. Reduce heat. Cook 45 min. Uncover and remove chicken, then simmer sauce until it thickens. I like to shred the chicken and put it back into the sauce. Tastes like BBQ chicken!