Lower abs!

Options
So i do alot of ab work. i do crunches and their variation and i do alot to target my lower abs but i never feel it and it seems i've tried everything. I can stay in plank position for 5+ min, reverse sit ups, where you drop you legs and bring up again without touching floor...and a whole bunch of others. any one have suggestion? or possible answers as to why i cannot for the life of me feel my lower abs or see any improvent? (ive been trying since i was 14 and i'm 20 now...i'm a dancer so i must have some!)

Replies

• dncr8707
    Options
    So i do alot of ab work. i do crunches and their variation and i do alot to target my lower abs but i never feel it and it seems i've tried everything. I can stay in plank position for 5+ min, reverse sit ups, where you drop you legs and bring up again without touching floor...and a whole bunch of others. any one have suggestion? or possible answers as to why i cannot for the life of me feel my lower abs or see any improvent? (ive been trying since i was 14 and i'm 20 now...i'm a dancer so i must have some!)
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    If you can do reverse crunches then I doubt this will help but it's what I do so I thought I'd share. I lay on my back with my legs straight up in the air, crossed at the ankle, arms at the sides with palms flat on the ground. Then I squeeze my ab muscles so that my butt comes off the floor, hold, then lower. Works for me.
  • rockymtnguy
    Options
    Keep up the hard work, and lots and lots, and lots of reps.