What was for dinner?

Options
I need ideas for dinner ! I get really hungry after I work out and swim...

Replies

• inpaperclouds
    Options
    Some protein and veggies is always a good way to go.

oven baked chicken + steamed veggies
    or grilled chicken.
    or salmon.
  • inpaperclouds
    Options
    Today I just went to whole foods and picked up food from the "prepared foods"
    I got chicken, broccoli, eggplant, lettuce and one piece of tofu. haha
  • icandoityesican
    Options
    Is tofu good? What does it taste like , I've heard about it..
  • esta94510
    esta94510 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I own a Dream Dinners and it's all portion controlled. There may be one in your neighborhood. Meals run anywhere from 257-450 calorie wise. Check it out! www.dreamdinners.com
  • thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    It generally tastes like whatever you cook it with. It doesn't have a strong flavor of its own, which makes it very versatile.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I've found a cheap, easy and healthy recipe that mother and Lucy loves! Boneless skinnless chicken breast, 1 bottle BBQ sauce, and juice from 1 orange in the crockpot. I feel like I pwn'd parenting tonight. :)
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Homemade stirfry brown rice (sautee onion, mushroom and cooked brown rice with an egg). I also sautee 6 large scallops in Pam, seasoned with sweet paprika and pepper, and mixed with the rice. Served a side salad (green lettuce, tomatoes and artichokes hearts), and fresh fruit homemade salad for desert.

Nice dinner for my husband and me for less than 400 calories each.
  • icandoityesican
    Options
    thanks!!
  • icandoityesican
    Options
    omg!! that rice sounds so good..! Recently I bought whole grain rice - *(Riceland) and I think I must have made it wrong because it took forever to cook!!! my sis in law said I should soak it in water?
  • mtwd65
    mtwd65 Posts: 51
    Options
    DS 4yo has just asked for pasta with vegetable sauce.

DH wants chicken soup

Decisions decisions
  • amyhollar
    amyhollar Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    i had a whole wheat bagel thin with PB2 and sliced banana, with 8 oz of Unsweetened Almond Breeze. Most nights I'd try to sneak in some veggies like a salad too but tonight I didn't bother.