zumba question

Options
so i just bought the zumba from the tv. i love it! LOVE IT! do it everyday. what i'm wondering is do you do and if you do, how do you record it. i have been using the aerobics, the highest level, cant remember which it is though. am i recording it correctly?

Replies

• neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I go to Zumba classes, and I record mine as "Aerobics, high impact".
  • inpaperclouds
    Options
    Try a real zumba class at a gym!
    you will love it.
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I go to it too and i just added it on my database....
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I log it as high impact aerobics, but from what I read, it may be more calories. I do not have a heart rate monitor to track :(
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I log it as a fast ballroom dance.
  • soboabb
    Options
    I bought the Zumba as well and like it. It is definitely a workout. I use the high aerobics and put in how long I did it for. Right now I am doing the 20 minute workout.

My son rented the Wii "Just Dance 2" and it was even better then Zumba (in my opinion) and a lot of fun. I did it for an hour because it was so much fun.

Keep up the good work.

Linda
  • pinkrayn
    Options
    i go to zumba class for an hour at the Y, and i LOVE it! i actually goggled it and read this on a website,

"Zumba workouts can vary in intensity, and calorie burn depends on an individual's weight, fitness level and muscle composition. During an hour long session you can burn anywhere from 500 to 800 calories. On average, a 150-lb. person can expect to burn 536 calories during an hour of Zumba. By comparison, the same person would burn 413 calories during an hour of moderate swimming, 477 for an hour of casual racquetball and 684 for an hour of running at a 10-minute-mile pace."

I am 145, so i just estimate that i am probably burning somewhere close 530 calories when i do my exercise diary.
  • miatavixxen
    Options
    i log it as high impact aerobics - but honestly, the class feels like i MUST burn more than that. LOL
  • shanamalena
    Options
    Well really the best way is to get a HRM then log in the calories. Since every body is different no matter if everyone did it for 20 minutes there will still be different burned calories amounts. I have been wanting to get one just for that reason. :-)
  • esta94510
    esta94510 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor and track my calories burned with it. It's to my height and body weight. I work out pretty hard and a full class is about 425-450 calories.
  • christina130
    christina130 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was logging Zumba Wii as dancing general, but I checked the other categories as well. The highest one said I burnt about 200 in 20minutes but the other day u wore a hrm set with my height, weight, age, and gender an it said u burnt way more. Like 400 in 20 minutes
  • navymommomo
    navymommomo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    There's a zumba for the wii, Check it out:)
  • loupammac
    loupammac Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I log mine as "Aerobics, dance, ballet, modern twist" or something along those lines. I swear I must be burning more calories but I guess any extras can just be wonderful "bonus" calories :D
  • Dobsaya
    Dobsaya Posts: 235
    Options
    I do the search database for exercise and of course there is no option found so I select the add exercise and manually enter Zumba, minutes done and calories burned and add it. Now it is always in my exercise database with my own calories burned. Incidently, with my bodybugg (Bodymedia fit) I burn 222 on the 20 minute, 470 on the cardio party and 512 on the zumba sculpt.
  • Sheryljohnston
    Options
    I've been logging it as dancing. Maybe I should get a heart monitor in order to be accurate.
  • Emmylou852
    Options
    oh wow thanks! i have been logging as high impact also. my mother in law has a HRM so i may ask to use it and see what i'm really gettting at.

i haven't done the sculpt yet, may try that one tonight though!