ZERO inches lost???

Options
I'm a little disappointed. I have lost 11 pounds so far. My clothes are fitting much nicer. People have noticed my weight loss.
BUT my measurement have not changed AT ALL.
That is frustrating. I'm confused by this.
Anyone else have a similar experience?

Replies

• girl_brett
    girl_brett Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    What are all the measurements you took?
  • girl_brett
    Options
    Not size but the areas?
  • yacker678
    Options
    I measured myself and I can totally tell things fit better, but when i measured again I actually stayed the same and even gained one some measurements. I can't do it right I think??? At least I hope because that sucks.
  • kmc70
    kmc70 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have had the same experience. I am down 7.5 pounds, but the measurements I took- thighs, waist, hips and lower abdomen (my pooch is a trouble spot) all remain the same so far. Not sure where it's coming off, but at least it is! Knowing my luck, it's probably coming off my boobs. ;-)
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    no offence but 11 pounds doesnt seem like a whole lot of weight. im not sure that i would expect to see a difference in inches yet
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    It depends on where you're taking your measurements. If you're doing the traditional bust, waist, and hips, but losing weight off your thighs and arms and face, the measurements wouldn't change, but people would notice and your clothing would fit differently.

Don't stress about it so much. If the scale is going down, great! And if you have a week where the scale doesn't move but the measurements go down, great! Be happy for that progress. It's GOOD progress, no matter how you slice it.
  • kimstn
    Options
    When you first begin to lose weight much of the weight lost will be fluid weight which may not show up in your measurements. Also, what kind of exercises are you doing. A combination of cardio and strength training works best to burn fat and take off the inches. As you add the muscle things are pulled in and your body really begins to take shape. I'm not talking about bulking up. Just strengthening and toning to keep everything in the right place. Curves works great for me! Good luck!
  • girl_brett
    Options
    The measurements I took when I first did mine was neck, stomach, hips, chest, shoulder (I measured around not each one separately), right arm, left arm, right leg, left leg, right calf and left calf. I've lost 8 lbs and nothing changed on my waist, but around my shoulders it went down like 2 inches. I have seen a big difference in my back. The my arms and legs also changed as well as my chest, but there again I think that has to do with my back again!
  • bfrice1
    Options
    From what I've been told, ten pounds equals about one clothing size - gain ten pounds, go up a size, lose ten pounds, go down a size. It may be that your clothes are fitting better because you're smaller all over. It will take some time for your body to firm up. Don't get discouraged. Every time you have to roll up a sleeve or cinch in your belt, smile!
  • 11 pounds lost is a huge achievement, never forget that. Every body is different and at least your losing pounds. I am the opposite. I joined an athletic training program three months ago, and its only been in the last month the scale has reflected loss of pounds. I had to rely on my measurements to help keep the motivation alive. I will tell ya, I would so much rather have lost pounds than inches in those first few weeks. No stress, enjoy your successes and keep up the hard work ;)
  • MonicaBenavidez
    MonicaBenavidez Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    no offence but 11 pounds doesnt seem like a whole lot of weight. im not sure that i would expect to see a difference in inches yet

Not true at all. And 11 pounds is quite a bit- I am sure the OP is very happy and proud of her accomplishment.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I'm taking my measurements on Friday - I will let you know if MY 11 lbs have shown up, I wonder if they will? My pants don't fit as well (falling down) and I can squeeze into a smaller pair of jeans that I haven't worn in over a year.

Keep your head up, the lbs will keep going away and you will see shrinkage in the inches!
  • YayMe17
    YayMe17 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your positive comments. I really appreciate it. I am so glad I am not alone with this issue.
    BTW the measurements I took were: neck, hips, waist.
    Thanks again.
  • melissapoulin
    Options

Not true at all. And 11 pounds is quite a bit- I am sure the OP is very happy and proud of her accomplishment.

i agree... i have lost 11 pounds and although i haven't taken measurements, i am starting to see a difference in the mirror
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    11 lbs is a huge accomplishment and when i lost 11lbs I found that I lost most of my inches in my bust first. Perhaps this is your case? I know you didn't list it as one of your areas you measured but maybe the bra is fitting better. The main thing is that your clothes are fitting better and you are feeling more positive and have an increase in energy. Congrats on the 11lbs weight loss =)
  • YayMe17
    YayMe17 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    That is actually true. Thanks for pointing that out. I did notice my cup wasn't spilling over. LOL
    11 lbs is a huge accomplishment and when i lost 11lbs I found that I lost most of my inches in my bust first. Perhaps this is your case? I know you didn't list it as one of your areas you measured but maybe the bra is fitting better. The main thing is that your clothes are fitting better and you are feeling more positive and have an increase in energy. Congrats on the 11lbs weight loss =)
  • NancyQR28
    NancyQR28 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Same thing here. I've lost 9lbs. since I joined MFP and 4lbs. on my own before joining... total of 13lbs. My jeans fit so much better and even a little lose at the waist, but my measurements are the same! From previous experience, I've noticed that weight loss and measurements tend to show a lot more at about 20lbs. lost. Go figure! Just keep doing what you are doing and you'll see results soon. :happy:
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your positive comments. I really appreciate it. I am so glad I am not alone with this issue.
    BTW the measurements I took were: neck, hips, waist.
    Thanks again.

I would start adding in bust and thigh measurements, and maybe arm measurements if you can figure out how to do them (and if you do, can you tell me, because I can't figure it out :laugh:). You can add or change the measurements you take on the weigh-in page -- there's a link under the entry boxes to change measurements, and you can add in whatever you want. I have mine set for bust, waist, hips and thighs, so I know you can do at least 4 measurements, and I think you can do more than that too.
  • definitely recommend measuring each arm and each hip. You will be amazed at how a half inch here, and and inch there can really add up. I have lost 8 inches since starting an athletic training program 3 months ago and it has been from an inch here and a half inch there as so forth.