any mama's out there? =)

Options
oops, i accidentally hit "post topic" before i was done with my post.

Hi, I am new to this. A friend introduced me to this site, and now I find myself addicted to the food and exercise diary, whereas before I never had a thought about what a calorie even was lol. I've set a goal for myself at the beginning of this year to be skinnier and healthier person, and I'm not just hoping to reach this goal, but I WILL reach this goal.
I am currently a stay at home mom of three little ones. I advocate breastfeeding, I love organic stuff, I love to cook and finding or sharing new recipes, and i'm a fan of natural remedies for sickness.
Hope to "meet" other people and moms who share the same goals or interests=)

Replies

• nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
  • car_hartt
    Options
    :smile: Welcome I have only been at this myself for a little over a week but good for you for getting started.
    I too am a SAHM Mama, of 2 beautiful kids. It can be hard to remember to put yourslf as a priority when you have babies and I find that MFP helps me to do just that. Hopefully it does you too. Goodluck with your journy
  • bhepp
    bhepp Posts: 44
    Options
    Hi! I am also a stay at home mama!! I have to kids, 6 year old girl and a 3 year old boy! (and plan to start trying for #3 in about 9 months!) I too, love to shop organic, love to cook and get really excited to feed people! I love to "make over" meals so that they are better for you! I sneak veggies into my kids foods to avoid fights even though they are pretty good about eating them overall! (spinach is a favorite!) I scour the internet for home remedies before I will go to the pharmacy or call the dr. (if it's not an issue of course! lol!) I just started getting serious using this sight multiple times a day about a week and a half ago! I love it! So, welcome!
  • lisa4kids
    lisa4kids Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have four kids (19, 16, 9 and 6) and am somewhat similar in my ways of living...Breastfed for huge portion of my adult life and cloth diapered too. In fact, I owned a cloth diaper sewing business for 3 years! I loved it, but I got burned out and sold the business. I am trying to eat more organic foods, but I don't always do well with it. I take some natural supplements and do try to utilize natural or homeopathic remedies before seeking medical care.
    Good luck with your weight loss/healthy eating goals!!!
    How old are your kids?
  • dfmiles1
    Options
    I am right there with you, I have 2 little ones. My daughter is 2 and my son is going to be 4 months old soon. I am very determined to lose weight, what keeps you motivated to workout and eat healthy. What types of foods do you eat?
  • jesstroxel
    Options
    Welcome! Im a SAHM of 5 little ones. Good Luck on your journey.
  • melissapoulin
    Options
    hi i am a stay at home mama of 3 little ones.... my 3 year old daughter & nine month old twins... son & daughter. good for you for getting on here! i love this site!
  • ellmomr
    ellmomr Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am also a SAHM to an energetic 8 month girl. I decided to stop making excuses of why I can't work out and just do it. I love the site and I love the app on the phone. Good luck!
  • stephbraden74
    stephbraden74 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    HI!!! Im a stay at home mommy too!! I have two boys 4 and 2!! I am new to the website too (about a week) and LOVING IT. Its the first thing that has kept me motivated to get the last 15 to 20 lbs of "baby weight" off. no weight lost yet this week, but I know I will!! good luck in your journey!!
  • pinkrayn
    Options
    thanks everyone for the encouragement! good luck to all of you with your progress! here's to healthy living! =)
  • karemh
    Options
    Hi I recently joined as well! I am super excited about sharing with others and getting support. I have always liked the idea of homeopathic remedies, they make me feel like I would be putting to good use all these natural and safe goodies I already have in my home and garden! I have a few books but have only put maybe 2 concoctions together. You seem to know alot about it and I appreciate that quality! Feel free to befriend me, I look forward to hearing from you! My username is karemh
  • icandoityesican
    Options
    10 month old baby girl !