After an embarrassing moment, here I am.

Options
Okay, so I was at a theme park with my family and we were all gonna ride a roller coaster together. That was until I went to get on and the freakin seat belt wouldn't buckle. I had to get off the ride and let them go without me. What an embarrassing eye opener! :frown: I am one of those people who is totally fooled when I look in the mirror. I am technically about 100lbs over my ideal weight, but I have never considered myself to be so big that I could not fit on a roller coaster. Well hey, now I know and here I am. I strated about 15 days ago and have lost 7lbs so far. I have a long way to go but I am loving MFP. It is great to have friends to share your fitness journey with. Thank you to everyone who shares their stories and encouragement on the message boards. I feel like I can really do this!

I am a 31 year old mother of two wild and crazy boys. I want to get into fantastic shape so I can share every fun moment of their lives with them. Life is such an amazing ride and I am tired of being too big to get on it.

Good luck everyone, we can all reach our goals if we want it bad enough.

Replies

• Ambria0516
    Options
    I have stayed away from theme parks for most of my adult life. I know the embarrassing feeling of "not fitting". I have a lot of weight to lose as well, but I know this is the first step!
    Feel free to add me as a friend and we can help to motivate each other!!!

Thanks for sharing!
    Ambria
  • JenniferAutumn
    JenniferAutumn Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place!! Lot's of support!!
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I feel ya!

A few years back I went on a fairground ride and the over the head restraint would only just click shut... i was mortified... :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed:
  • kimbot
    kimbot Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. Welcome and keep at it. You'll be riding those roller coasters before you know it!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    You are off to a great start!!!! You have some great motivation for yourself and the people you care about. This site is so helpful if you use it consistently. Keep strong!
  • ChristyDPierce
    ChristyDPierce Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Girl, i KNOW that feeling ALL TO WELL!!! The same thing happened to me about 3 years ago.....and guess what, i just got BIGGER...>UGH....:noway: SO NOW, i have committed myself to losing this weight....i want to be able to go to disney with my daughter and ride the rides with her....not have to sit and watch....:explode:

WE CAN AND WILL DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you had to go through that, but I'm glad it happened at a time when you can still do something about it. Congrats on your success so far! There will be ups and there will be downs, but as long as you stay focused and don't dwell on the hiccups, you will be fine.

You can do this!
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing with us! We are here to support you!
  • VeganJamiOnAMission
    Options
    Thank you all so much! I am practically moved to tears by how great people are on this site. Please pat yourselves on the back for being so supportive. It really means a lot!
  • JennyWennyPooPoo
    Options
    Congrats on the 7 pounds that you've lost so far! That's a great start!! :smile:
  • ChristyDPierce
    ChristyDPierce Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    we ARE here for you girlie :flowerforyou:
  • ttraylor57
    ttraylor57 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What a great start! Keep going strong, we are all behind you.:happy:
  • dunztar
    Options
    Its sad. I do guest service work and heard many stories about people who weren't able to ride the new Harry Potter ride here in Orlando! But well, that's absolutely not the worst that can happen to you!.. Work hard, live longer and go on better more intense adventures.

Good luck!
  • MissNewAttitude2015
    Options
    I can identify with most of the replies to this post. I too have stayed away from amusement parks in fear not being able to ride due to size. This is my first day on this site also and I am looking for inspiration and motivitaion to stick with it this time and reach my goal. Good luck to ALL who are on the journey as well!!!!:smile:
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    happened to my wife and I at bush gardens once man I felt horrible
  • VeganJamiOnAMission
    Options
    happened to my wife and I at bush gardens once man I felt horrible

My husband just gave me a hug when he got off the ride with the kids. I could tell he felt bad about it too, but he didn't want to say anything. At the time I just laughed it off, but deep down it moved me to make a big change. My husband has never made me feel like I am anything but gorgeous...I guess thats why I don't think I look all that bad LOL. Husbands can be great, huh?
  • goodforeyou
    goodforeyou Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That took a lot of courage to share that with everyone. Congrats on your loss thus far. I once was 309 lbs but lost about 140 and then my weight went up about 50 lbs after having my son almost 2 years ago. I'm still working on getting to my goal of 150 (37 to go!) though and find this type of place helps support me in that. Good luck, you can do anything you set your mind to!!
  • justsummie
    justsummie Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    That happened to me once in high school and to make matters worse the carnie dude felt the need to laugh his *kitten* off and snicker at me.

I've always been pretty well-proportioned and was always very good at "hiding" my weight under the right clothes. It was almost like my weight was some kind of dirty little secret. It's times like that when you just feel over exposed.

Hang on to that feeling, use it as motivation for making it to your goal.
  • buckeyereavis
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. Welcome and keep at it. You'll be riding those roller coasters before you know it!

so i am from ohio...AND WE HAVE CEDAR point!

i went there for my hs senior trip... i was 440... i was excited to ride the rides never been on a coaster before so i didnt even think of fitting... got on the first ride... and bam...my hugeness didnt fit :(

did something about it... and 4 years later... i went back there... dreading the seat belts yadda yadda yadda...

I RODE EVERY RIDE.... one of my favorite moments ever!!!

YOU WILL GET THERE!!!
  • Lovespigs
    Options
    Hey there, this is the exact reason why I am wanting to lose weight also, my son turns 10 at the end of May and I want to be able to take him to a theme park and go on all of the rides!!!! Well done on your weight loss so far, this site is fab and I am loving the community. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want some support