need a little encouragement!

jillmac9
jillmac9 Posts: 2
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
Hi there,
I joined about a month ago, but then I forgot about it until a friend reminded me again! I never really got into the myfitnesspal, but I am recently struggling a lot with my eating, especially the night time munching! My intake is a constant struggle for me and always has been. I am recently single and thinking that my eating is probably emotional even though I am happier than I have been in years.... probably just a bit bored at night! I am a super active person so weight loss should be easy, but I am only maintaining! I am hoping I can boost myself up here and get going. I do not need to lose much just 10 pounds would be great! I am hopin to be a source of encouragement for others and hoping others will help me break my bad habits and get on with this thing!

Replies

• briball003
    briball003 Posts: 5 Member
    I read this post because of the title - I'm needing a little encouragement myself. I have been struggling with exactly the same thing...snacking. I hope it encourages you to know that reading your post & knowing I'm not alone in this journey is encouraging to me.:smile:
  • You can talk to me anytime you need some encouragement. Everybody needs somebody on their side :)
  • monyango
    monyango Posts: 166
    I've found night time snacking to be my nemesis. What worked well for me was 2 things. #1: I still munch but I try to eat healthier stuff. #2: I cut out the stuff that I was doing while I was eating. So I stopped watching TV and playing facebook games (super tough for me) but as a result I've become much more productive. I do other things to relax (like read) and it doesn't carry the same eating habit for me. If you are newly single maybe do some evening activities with some friends like walking or taking dance lessons or something.

Best of luck to you. They say the last 10 pounds is the toughest but I thought it was totally doable.
  • Wow, not even 24 hours and there are reply's! Thanks guys! I am going to the gym at night now to try to cut down on the snacking! Glad to know I am not alone! This is a great site :D
This discussion has been closed.