Not meeting my calorie needs

Options
According to this website I'm not meeting my calorie needs day to day. Is there a way to lower what I should take in per day or is that automatically set?

Replies

• kacka68
    kacka68 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    MFP will set you a calorie intake based on your weight and activity level, plus how much you want to lose per week. the calorie target set for you has a BUILT IN deficient, which means if you eat to your target calories, you will be in deficit each day, which will lead to gradual (healthy) weightloss. To eat less that your target can really slow down your metobolic rate, because you're body thinks you're starving it. Then when you do eat again, it holds onto every bit of it and stores it (in case you try and "starve" it again).

What target calories does MFP have you on?
  • MrsMedeiros
    Options
    As long as you are eating 1200 calories per day you will be fine. Anything under that and your body could be prompted to go into starvation mode and store the calories and fat you eat instead of shedding it. Good Luck!
  • newmesmith
    Options
    They have me set at 2240 a day. Thats just too much for me. I try to get at least 1200-1500 a day. Thank you for the tips :)