lets stop caffeine intake togetherrr!!

maher2006
maher2006 Posts: 94 Member
edited September 23 in Motivation and Support
Ok so I'm realizing that one of my biggest problems is that I drink wayyy to much caffeine everyday..mountain dew is by far my biggest weakness and I always feel so bloated from it..and it racks up the carbs..sooo I'm seeing if anyone wants to do a challenge with me to keep doing your current exercise, but stop the caffeine for ONE week and see how much weight you lose..of course, we should go more than a week without it, but a week to cleanse your body would be awesome, and then possibly manage your intake of caffeine after that. maybe after a wk without it, we will all feel motivated because of the weight loss.

Replies

• i stopped all caffiene intake last friday...and so far i have lost 7lbs!!!
  • maher2006
    yeah i hear u lose weight pretty fast from staying away from it..im really motivated to try..its just going to be hard..i always have a pop wen i wake up to get me moving lol. .i just need some motivation to do this!! i know ib profen is going to be my best friend from caffeine headaches!!
  • maher2006
    congrats on the 7 pounds lost!!
  • i swapped to coke zero and it has really taken the itch off of having to have one....i got headaches the first two days but it def worth it!
  • My weekness is diet coke. I have decided to stop drinking it and am drinking mostly all water.--I quit drinking DC over the summer and lost weight. I know this will work!
  • congrats on the 7 pounds lost!!
  • congrats on the 7 pounds lost!!
    thanx!
  • mariettakdavis
    mariettakdavis Posts: 19 Member
    I stopped drinking caffeine a few years ago but I didn't lose weight until I stopped drinking pop in general! It was more about the sugar then it was the caffeine for me. I still occasionally have a pop, with or without caffeine, but I honestly notice more of an issue with the sugar. caffeine actually speeds up your matabolism but it's bad for your body because 1.) It slows way back down when you stop drinking it, and 2.) It's not something easily taken without sugar, except in pills ugh!
    Now I basically drink water only. I do drink Fat Free milk, and like I said the occasional pop or beer but mainly water. You really want to lose weight, drink nothing but water.. There are some major benefits from getting enough water in, and not just lack of calories! Your whole body functions better and removes waste and toxins better if you drink enough water. You should be drinking 1/2 your body weight in ounces/day Exp: a 200lb person should drink 100 ounces/day. When I first started losing weight this was the hardest, yet most important and beneficial lesson I learned! I'll admit I still struggle to get my daily intake in sometimes!
This discussion has been closed.