30 day shred

Options
I started the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred 2 day ago and im unsure how to tell how many calories are burned in level 1. Is this in the database? Help please and thank you!!

Replies

• AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    some add it as circuit training.. or make there own in the database..
  • teramae
    teramae Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I recently started JM30DS as well, I use "circuit training" in the database I put it in for 18 minutes. I hope to get a HRM within the next couple of months as that should provide a more accurate numbers for calories burned! Have fun with the shred!!
  • moriah87
    Options
    hi there!! i started it today! maybe we can do it together? keep eachother motivated. since it's like a 24 minutes workout... i logged mine as 10 minutes of aerobics high impact, and 14 minutes of calisthenics (pushups, situps), vigorous effort. it said i burned 164 calories. (i'm 4 feet 11 inches, 119 lbs.) so try logging it as that.
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I just had the same problem. Did the workout, but am shocked there's no average calorie burn in the database to use for those of us without HRMs.

No offense to Moriah, but I'm a lot bigger than 4'11" and 119 lb. (more like 5'5" and 187 lb.), so I hope I burned more than 164 calories. :(

Anyone else with a HRM care to share their actual calorie burn from Shred #1?
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I finished the Shred for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I have a heart rate monitor and I'm 5'2'', 148lbs and it says I burn appx 200 - 225kcal per 27 minutes work out in Level 1. This is including warm up and cool down. Some people don't add that...but I'm not fussy, I do..
  • cleo77
    cleo77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    i had the same issue. i usually log it as 10 minutes of high impact workout and 10 minutes of strenght training. I realize that the tally of calories burned may not be correct, but I am not too concerned because my body knows how hard I worked out. Remember, weight loss is 80% calorie intake and 20% exercise.
  • npatel160
    npatel160 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I had the same question - thanks guys. I am also doing alot of the workouts on exercise tv - Have any of you tried the Jillian Michaels Shred It Weights - its a great kettlebell inspired workout. I usually log these types of workouts as 15 min areobics and 15 mins Strength training - I not sure if this is accurate but it I think it would be in the ballpark maybe?
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    ive just bought the 30 day shred dvd so will be trying it out very soon probably 2nite :)

best wishes
    Kirstie x
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I logged it as 25 min. circuit training (including warmup & cool down), and got 283 calories.
  • lorizona
    lorizona Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just did it this morning with my HRM on and I burned 156 cals in 25 min.
  • Mother23
    Options
    I started yesterday! getting a RHM ordered one today :) We will see but i logged 150 for yesterdays ...we'll see how accurate i was.

Good luck! & Share your results!!
  • cleo77
    cleo77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    kettlebells are amazing