I'm new here

Options
Hi
I'm new here but not new. :-) I started using this app in my phone in October when my newborn was a little over one month old. I gave up. I guess it was a bit to soon for me and maybe a bit to intense for the breastfeeding. But now! Now I'm ready to give this a go again. I really need to lose weight. I put on some extras when I had my three year old, and now, three and a half years and one child later I still haven't managed to shake them off. Now they will go!

I've decided to lose 7kg before June.

Replies

• shandy32
    shandy32 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hi. I was the same as you whilst having my children, but now i have finnished my family i am very determined to shift this weight. Goodluck and welcome back x
  • ceri1980
    ceri1980 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome back! I hope this is the start of your weight loss journey and will help however I can x
  • crazeness
    Options
    Hi there!

Good luck with your weight loss journey!
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome !!!! i am sure you will find lots of great information and people on here that will love to help you! expect some "bumps" along the way but how you deal with them, will be the key to your success!

Feel free to friend me if you like!!

Good luck !!!
  • KayMorriss
    Options
    :smile: HI there !
    I'm new here too! I joined a week ago, My weight has crept up and up and it seems harder and harder to shift. I'm really glad to have joined and can see a lot of success stories here .. I'm sure we'll be there soon . Much luck and losing xx :smile:
  • mmathew001
    Options
    Faith is the first bag you should be packing for a long journey. :wink:
  • Sammy_k715
    Sammy_k715 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!! I had kinda the same problem. I lost my motivation there for a while. But, I'm back now too. =] Hope you achieve all of your goals, and good luck.
  • SunnyFitt
    SunnyFitt Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the encouragement. I'm sure this forum will be of great help.

As an extra encouragement I signed up for a run on the 7th of May. 10 km (can hardly manage 5 as it is).

What are y'all doing to keep you on track besides this?
  • KGOLDIE1
    Options
    Good luck, Im sure we will all get through this together
  • mjcrothers
    mjcrothers Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    All the best, SunnyFitt! I have 9month old baby girl. I am determined to lose the extra weight before next baby. I had gestational diabetes during pregnancy and am very determined to not have it again next time.

Hope it goes well. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • ceri1980
    ceri1980 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I too have signed up for some races, my main one being the Cardiff Half Marathon in October! As much as i enjoy running i've never committed to something like this and im hoping i'll be able to achieve it!!

Been training 4 weeks now and progress is good, I cant believe how much a difference running makes, in just 4 weeks i have completely changed shape!! I'm hoping this will help with weight loss too.
  • SunnyFitt
    SunnyFitt Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I totally agree ceri. Not only shapes you differently but makes you so extremely happy. I always saw this as a lonely, boring way to exercise. However, I now am starting to enjoy it. Sometimes I run with a friend and chat and that is fun. And sometimes I run with my iPod and listen to my favorite music. Love that! The best thing about running is all the fresh air!!!