My mini success

Options
So today at work I come into a HUGE bag of Chocolate. YUM and I stayed away from it ;P it makes me so happy. Yes I ate a whopper, ugh, but with exercise I was still under my calories.
I am trying to stay away from fast food, but I broke down today. I had a patient come in dying and well he died after 20 minutes of CPR ( a dog, not a person, still sucks.). I feel so bad for the family because they definitely believed that CPR would save their pups life. Unfortunately CPR only really works <1% of the time even in humans. Don't believe the ER shows, cause it just makes reality suck. ANYWAY.....
I went shopping today for healthy groceries for easy lunches/dinners etc. I'm hoping to start changing my diet and my husbands diet to a more veggie/vegan diet due to my lactose intolerance so trying to find new things to cook.

SO my mini step towards success today was no chocolate. YAY. now no more things trying to die tonight.

Replies

• MeghanAM
    MeghanAM Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Great job on the no chocolate!

Very sorry to hear about the dog, though. :frown: I knew a vet when I volunteered at the animal shelter, and it always ruined her day when she couldn't save one of the animals.
  • gdnplnty
    gdnplnty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    A mini success is a great thing. I was cleaning off my dresser and found not just a bag of peanut M-M's, but a 2 pound bag of them! Talk about a test of wills. I was very nice, I tossed it right into the trash. The whole un-opened bag. I do miss them so bad. But I do miss my ol' bod more.

As far as loosing patients, I hate it. I work in a hospital (as a clerk), and it tears me up when I see family come in and I know what happened behind the door before they have arrived. It is so hard no matter if a dog or not.
  • crazeness
    Options
    That's great that you said no to chocolate!

It's little successes like that, that help you continue you. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!