The scale hasn't moved, but the inches are still coming off!

Options
emadigan
emadigan Posts: 89 Member
I've been working on losing weight since the end of August. I started off great and quickly lost the weight. But I've stalled around 140 ever since the end of November. I was super frustrated. But I just bought new jeans--size four!!!!!!!!!! Even though the scale hasn't moved, the inches have still come off. I am so happy (I seriously did a happy dance in the middle of the store). I just needed to brag :-)

Replies

• AshleyB1183
    Options
    What a great feeling!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work and keep doing the happy dance :)
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Great job! This is what keeps me motivated. My weight has stalled for the past three weeks but the inches are still coming off. Man, do I want to get out of the 160's!!

Keep at it and thanks for the post- ROCK ON!
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    4 is great. What is your height. Maybe you need to adjust your goal? Well done on your progress. :)
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Brag away, excellent!
  • snockers3112
    snockers3112 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I forgot to take any measurements. I will do some tonight :) will be good to see some changes as and when they happen
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    a friend posted this on another thread and i find it eyeopening so i keep sharing it with anyone i think needs to read/see it....

anyway, enjoy...

http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal_individual.asp?blog_id=3926473&SPShared=TRUE
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    thats awesome!! i want to do the happy dance for you too!
  • emadigan
    emadigan Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    4 is great. What is your height. Maybe you need to adjust your goal? Well done on your progress. :)

I'm 5'2''. Actually, I recently used a different site to calculate my daily net calories to continue losing at 1 pound per week. Turns out, I need to net 900 calories a day, but MPF only goes as low as 1200. But I will not go below 1200 on eating alone, since I know that can have the opposite effect (plus I love food). So instead, I have contented myself with losing at a slower pace and trying to exercise more. I'm just not willing to starve myself for the sake of seeing a certain number on a scale in a shorter amount of time. Its not realistic.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Waist measurement is more important than weight. Especially if you're doing an exercise routine. It means you've gained muscle/bone density and have lost fat so your weight stays the same but you are still losing fat.
  • Papaya81
    Papaya81 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Success can be measured in so many different ways, congrats! :)
  • etron
    etron Posts: 33
    Options
    Great to hear stuff like this. The scale is my enemy >:(
  • mycatisfat
    Options

I'm 5'2''. Actually, I recently used a different site to calculate my daily net calories to continue losing at 1 pound per week. Turns out, I need to net 900 calories a day, but MPF only goes as low as 1200. But I will not go below 1200 on eating alone, since I know that can have the opposite effect (plus I love food). So instead, I have contented myself with losing at a slower pace and trying to exercise more. I'm just not willing to starve myself for the sake of seeing a certain number on a scale in a shorter amount of time. Its not realistic.

im 125 lbs, 5'3'' and a six 6 :[ i cant get my thunder thighs down...howd you do it?
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    . But I just bought new jeans--size four!!!!!!!!!! Even though the scale hasn't moved, the inches have still come off. I am so happy (I seriously did a happy dance in the middle of the store). I just needed to brag :-)

size 4 do I dare dream...
  • gemzy24
    gemzy24 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    a friend posted this on another thread and i find it eyeopening so i keep sharing it with anyone i think needs to read/see it....

anyway, enjoy...

http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal_individual.asp?blog_id=3926473&SPShared=TRUE

That is a great link somethink i needed to see and read as iv been stuck on the scale for about 4 weeks great to know
  • lorriefagan
    lorriefagan Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Way to go emadigan!!

Thank you bluiz13 for posting that link...lately I have been feeling more failure than sucess at this weight loss journey because the scale has not moved this week! I am feeling a little better after seeing this link and will continue on no matter what the scale says or doesn't say!
  • dieseljay74
    Options
    Awesome job....just remeber, weight is a unspecific guage of progress.....inches are what we're looking for!
    Sounds like you picked up some muscle which is only going to help you keep any inches from coming back!
    Good job!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I've been stuck at the same weight for about 10 months. Last March I was in a 12, and last night I pulled on a comfy size 8P :)
  • Britenebula
    Options
    Amazing! What a great story! Good job!!
  • Britenebula
    Options
    Sooo true! I just started MFP and the scale isn't moving much but I can totally see the difference in the mirror. Plus I already lost 2 inches in my waist and a half inch in my neck. I only wish they had a ticker that showed inches as well. That would be cool. But hey - I'd take that size 4 over seeing pounds on a scale any day!
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar boat( hoping for that size 4 btw). I'm 133 and the scale hasn't moved for 3 months Boy is it frustrating! But then again 3 months ago I couldn't fit the size 6's I am wearing now! Congrats to you...we should all try to quit looking at that specific number and join you in a SUPER HAPPY DANCE as we lose inches and fat! Whoot Whoot!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!