i feel huge

Options
i did so awfully today. i ate out TWICE and had already eaten my days worth of calories before dinner and THEN ate taco bell. i feel like i've been trying so hard and making NO progress. i've GAINED weight and its not muscle, either. its definitely fat. i live on a tropical island and its certainly been warm here, but i'm too ashamed of myself to wear shorts and tank tops. i had planned on losing 15 pounds by my and my husband's anniversary, but that's now 4 weeks away and that 15 pounds (if i want to hit my goal weight) has turned into 25 pounds! i just feel so discouraged. :(

Replies

• shibby231086
    Options
    Don't feel discouraged ... we all have days where we stuff our faces and then think ... "oh bugger" - but if anything try and change that frustration into energy!! Look in the mirror and pick our a few things about yourself that you like and focus, then go for a run or something!!

It's really hard to pick yourself back up, I know - but you can do it. It is all in the mind - smash through that wall and you will be fine :)

I dont know you BUT I HAVE FAITH :D

Good luck!
  • LyonInLondon
    LyonInLondon Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It's ok - we ALL fall off the bandwagon now and again. What's important is to get back up! You can do it! So what if it takes a bit longer than you hoped originally - the point is to look at the long term benefits and to keep that healthy lifestyle going LONG-TERM.

I used to be like you - living in the tropics, feeling too big (and therefore self-conscience) to wear/do what one would normally do out there. But the thing is, the only person who feels that way is you! Everyone else is absorbed in what they themselves are doing. So I say, go out there and have some fun! I always find that when I'm least stressed about my weight, and when I get out and do what I enjoy doing in the sun, then I lose weight without thinking about it too much. Though of course, being a bit conscience of what I eat helps too! I guess, for me, it helps to think about how I feel after I eat a healthy meal ... light & energetic rather than groggy and sleepy.

So yeah - take encouragement and know you're not failing, you just had a bad day ... and everyone has had one of those! Tomorrow is a new day and you can choose to eat healthier and go out and exercise then. :) All the best!
  • fatlass70
    fatlass70 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! You know what you have done and know you want to deal with it.

Yesterday was yesterday and today is a bright new day. You can take control and do the best you can to move the scale back in the right direction. You may now get the whole 25lbs off in 4 weeks but think how good you will feel if you get a good chunk of it off ? Don't focus on the wrong decisions, focus on getting it right from here on. Choose carefully on your food - try and plan ahead and make the most of that beautiful island you live on and go for a walk. Even gentle exercise will help burn some calories.

take care
  • sarahbear731
    Options
    thanks for the encouragement!! i really needed a boost. you guys are great. :)